AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Canada, Over Seas & Elsewhere (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/canada-over-seas-elsewhere-44/)
-   -   I had the worst week of my life, thanks to PJC Autoworks (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/canada-over-seas-elsewhere-44/i-had-worst-week-my-life-thanks-pjc-autoworks-26911/)

shimajer 03-09-2006 02:59 AM

I had the worst week of my life, thanks to PJC Autoworks

So I saw this post on a forum about "330xi motors/ trannys for sale." At that point, I wasn't really thinking of doing a swap so I ignored it. Then I talked to RMP MOTORS (My Sponsor) about having a 330 motor in my car, he said it will be a great idea. So guess what, I messaged the guy who was selling the motors. The guy who actually sells the motors is helping out a shop named PJC Autoworks (Danforth/Pharmacy).

I contacted the guy and set up an appointment to checkout the motor. I arrived at PJC and looked over the motor, I wasn't even thinking about rather the motor was a 330 or not, all I was thinking was if the motor had low mileage and if the motor was still fine. I called RMP, they said it seems to be a great price, so I pulled the trigger and dropped down a $200 deposit. I rented a truck for $150 because from PJC to RMP was a very long distance trip, I picked up the motor and dropped it off at RMP. When we dropped off the motor, the first thing we saw was that the ECU was underneath the motor, all smashed up due to the weight. PJC did not tie up the motor watsoever and they were stupid enough to put the ECU underneath. But I did not need the ECU because I could always reprogram mine.

I took a nap that same day then I recevied a phone call from RMP (Rocco), the motor was from a 325, not 330. WTF? Okay calm down, lets call the PJC and see what's wrong. I called PJC, they asked me how did I find out. Well Rocco is very experienced, so he found out by looking at the throttle body tubing and etc. He asked me for the code and etc to make sure. I said, no we are pretty fukin sure this is from a 325, not a 330. I remembered that they SAID they had anotehr 330 motor from the forum so i asked them, how about exchanging for your other "REAL" 330 motor. At that time, they said okay so I was comfortable with it.

I arrived at PJC to check out the other motor which they said it was a 330 for sure. HOWEVER, they did not expect me to bring in an expert, Rocco (RMP MOTORS). Rocco looked over the motor, and as you might have guessed, its a 325 again! Trying to scam me huh. Okay, so I issued a refund. They said okay, bring back the motor and you can have the money back. Fuk you, I aint renting another truck to deliver the motor back to you for my refund, you go get it yourself. After convincing him, he agreed to pick it up the next day. Just as you might have thought, no, he did not pick it up the next day. So I took the initiation to call them and they promised me to pick it up today.

I was glad that the problem was solved. However, it had not ended yet. They came to RMP and only paid half of the money becasue they said the ECU was damaged by the people at the shop or by me. Escuse me, you guys damaged it yourselves but now you're blaming it on me? I was pretty sure they knew they coudlnt make shit off the 325 motor so they had to find ways to scam me. They were screaming/ yelling and being all immature at RMP Motors. They also wanted to start a fist-fight. I was fine with that, throw your first punch and let me call the cops. We did not want them to disturb the customers so we told them to leave. THey did not pick up the motor nor did they give me the refund. I paid $250 for an ECU so I could give it to them to have my money back. I also rented another truck to deliver the motor. I finally got my refund but PJC is full of scams. Funny how they said they had been in business for so long but they did not know what was the difference between a 325 and 330 motor. All they said was "Shit Happens" End of story, thank you for reading.

The reason I am posting this is because I do not wany any of you to get fucked by this same shop.

Jer