Classic Audi A section to discuss the models that have made Audi famous of the years...

200 Turbo Quattro Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 04:44 PM
1st Gear
Default 200 Turbo Quattro Problem

Good Afternoon all,
I apologize for taking a moment away from your Sunday afternoon drives on this beautiful day, but I have a problem with my Audi that has been kicking my butt the past couple months.

In May my 1990 Audo 200 Turbo Quattro sputtered and died on main street and I had to trailer the poor girl home. I thought that it might have been a fuel filter or pump issue, however I replaced both and it still would not start.

Another Audi owner suggested that I try to start it while I hold up the flap inside of the air filter. It started and ran for a few minutes and I was able to drive it around the block, form my garage to the driveway. After that I could get it to start by pushing up the flap, but it would die as soon as I let go. And now it doesn't start at all.

I ordered a manual for it (digital), however still have not had luck. Has anyone had anything like this happen? Or does anyone know what is the issue?

Thanks!

Old 10-23-2013, 05:32 PM
1st Gear
Default Maybe a vacuum leak?

If it starts fine with the fuel distributor plate maxing out fuel injection then maybe you have a serious vacuum leak post fuel dizzy flap? Its getting too much air! I think . Check the michelin man hose for tears and check every square inch of vacuum hose for leaks (somehow since you cant get her running). Also check that your cold start valve is working as that could be causing the lack of fuel on cold start but I am guessing its the vac leak personally. The fuel injector seals could be toast, there could be a tear in the early Audi rendition of the EGR system or any of the intercooler hoses. Look everywhere and yes its a pain in the @$$. Good luck!

PS: post back please with pictures of that software you ordered as Im sure all of us are wondering how it compares to the Bentley manuals. Thanks.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:40 PM
1st Gear
Default Where could I find a 1984 audi quattro for sale?

I'm looking for a new car and required a 1983 or 84 Audi quatrain, where could I find one?