Classic Audi A section to discuss the models that have made Audi famous of the years...

91 100 sedan

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Smile 91 100 sedan

Hello guys! Looks like a great forum. Couple of questions A friend of mine just picked up a '91 100 sedan. Nice looking car. 140K on the clock. 1) the driver and driver side rear door power windows do not work. As I attempt to push the driver window button to go down I hear a click in the relay under the dash on the driver side. But the other side of the car does. both front and rear passenger windows operate. 2) the radio does not works as well like no power! I have some experience working on vehicles. This is my first Audi though. Any good place to start. Ooh!! And the sun roof works. Is it only supposed to move up a couple of inches. To the point where you can almost stick your hand all the way through. Normal operation? Thanks in advance guys.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Smile

Ok I got the radio to work. But do not have a code to unlock it with. The windows on the driver side front and back have power at the switch. I will have to attempt to remove the interior door panels to get to the motors. I did switch the wiring plugs so that the driver door switch would operate the pass side door. (just for testing)

Old 06-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Smile

Alrighty!! must be everyone is gone and theres no help out there? Update!! Got the radio ok! (fuse) on back of radio. Now need to get the code. Next I'm still puzzled as to why neither window will go up or down on the drivers side. The sun roof seems to be working like it should. It opens right up were as before the back of the sun roof would kit up about 2". It seems that the switches work. I had switched out plugs to switches and I can still only operate the pass side windows. I would hate to have to pull both motors out! Looks like a job. And not cheap! Any help out there? Could it still be a bad relay? I know from what I just mentioned they all share the same relay.