Classic Audi A section to discuss the models that have made Audi famous of the years...

Shipped 3k miles and now won;t start...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 03:21 PM
1st Gear
Default Shipped 3k miles and now won;t start...

Hey all, just moved to the Baltimore area (Finksburg) from Oregon and am having a huge problem with my '86 CGT. The day it was delivered it stopped running =( It was my daily driver before I had it shipped out here and they drove it off the truck when they delivered it, it even made it down the road a ways to be parked where it now sits. Once it was parked and turned off, it hasn’t been able to start back up.

I have heard problems like this coming from shipping cars and I hit the usual suspects by replacing the Fuel filter and Fuel pump, but it still is not starting. I crank, it fires for a second then dies. If I wait a few seconds and try again, it does the same thing. I had a few spare parts shipped with it (what I believe is the fuel pressure regulator) so i tossed them in but got no change. Still fires up for a second then dies. It only runs long enough for me to think I can stop cranking and by the time my key is back in the run position, its dead. I thought it might be an issue with the pump turning off when the car was not cranking but even if I crank it over continually it still dies after a second.

Not sure where to go at this point other than towing it to a shop =/ and being new in town am not sure of any reputable shops.