Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

After 4 years I finally got the check engine light off my Audi.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 11:51 PM
1st Gear
Smile After 4 years I finally got the check engine light off my Audi.

Ever since I bought my A4 it had the check engine light on, this is an anoying problem that i believe had cost me several unwanted instances. When I first got my car the mass air flow sensor went out within the first year making it very undrivable with poor idle and rough running. I have recently fixed all the vacuum leaks and tuned everything up from the 02 sensors, plugs, and cleaned the whole intake. It had been running good but still the light was on. Since everything had been running good I finally had the chance of working on cosmetics. I replaced the windshield, re-uphosltered the peeling door panel armrest covers, and added some new fog lights. Since I did some electrical work I disconnected the battery; reseting the computer. I plugged it back in expecting the check engine light to return but it has not. I feel greatly relieved after years of being acustomed to the light and feel accomplished that despite several peoples doubts that my Audi was too complex to invest in, I knew it was a well built car that would satisfy many years to come.

P.S. I still get guesses on what year my car is and many friends, gear heads, and girls are in disbelief when they hear it is a 2000.