Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

retard timing on a 00 1.8t A4 quattro

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 07:30 PM
1st Gear
Default retard timing on a 00 1.8t A4 quattro

How can i retard the timing on my A4 1.8t? I want to remove 2 degrees of ignition timing. Also does the computer retard timing automatically as boost increases on the A4. The example i speak of is similar to the auto retard boost feature found on MSD boost timing master ignition control box. I figure A factory car equipped with a turbo especially Audi performance should have something like this, or is a custom tune the only way to do this? Lastly, can a switch be hooked up to activate the retard of set timing to initiate when needed? For nitrous run. I ONLY WANNA RUN A 35 SHOT TO ELIMINATE LAG AND PREVENT BLOWING ANYTHING, BUT I PLAN TO HOOK UP A STANDALONE FUEL CELL SYSTEM, TO FEED THE NITROUS KIT WITH 100 OCTANE UNLEADED, FUEL PRESSURE SAFETY SWITCH, AND BOOST FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR. I have run nitrous before and I like the power my car currently has, just only need it temporarly with nitrous and i heard it cleans out the catalytic converter so I will use it for that too. Plus I want some underhood difference; something that will motivate me to clean and show of my engine more often. Thanks

Old 07-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Splbasshead
How can i retard the timing on my A4 1.8t? I want to remove 2 degrees of ignition timing. Also does the computer retard timing automatically as boost increases on the A4. The example i speak of is similar to the auto retard boost feature found on MSD boost timing master ignition control box. I figure A factory car equipped with a turbo especially Audi performance should have something like this, or is a custom tune the only way to do this? Lastly, can a switch be hooked up to activate the retard of set timing to initiate when needed? For nitrous run. I ONLY WANNA RUN A 35 SHOT TO ELIMINATE LAG AND PREVENT BLOWING ANYTHING, BUT I PLAN TO HOOK UP A STANDALONE FUEL CELL SYSTEM, TO FEED THE NITROUS KIT WITH 100 OCTANE UNLEADED, FUEL PRESSURE SAFETY SWITCH, AND BOOST FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR. I have run nitrous before and I like the power my car currently has, just only need it temporarly with nitrous and i heard it cleans out the catalytic converter so I will use it for that too. Plus I want some underhood difference; something that will motivate me to clean and show of my engine more often. Thanks
The ME.7 constantly is taking in inputs and adjusting fueling and timing accordingly. Unfortunately, you don't have a wideband sensor from the factory, so your ECU isn't as accurate as the 01+ cars.

Instead of running nitrous, I would run a chip, full exhaust, and intercooler, which will net you a safe 35awhp with no extra tuning needed.

PM me if you're interested I can get you all parts needed