Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

REVO stage 1 not compatable with my firmware :(

Old 01-03-2012, 07:37 PM
1st Gear
Default REVO stage 1 not compatable with my firmware :(

So I purchased the stage 1 Revo for my 05 B6A4 1.8tq from a authorized dealer locally. When I bring it in for the flash we find out the firmware on my ECU is much newer than that REVO uses for the tune. So I was sent on my way, waiting to hear back from REVO.

So I get a call today from the shop to say that REVO needs me to bring my car back in to the shop to copy my firmware so they can create a tune for my car. Bringing it in tomorrow to do that, I will post what firmware I am running and what not tomorrow, when I get more info from the shop tomorrow.

Looks like I am going to be a Guinna pig

Old 01-14-2012, 08:40 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by derZeck
So I purchased the stage 1 Revo for my 05 B6A4 1.8tq from a authorized dealer locally. When I bring it in for the flash we find out the firmware on my ECU is much newer than that REVO uses for the tune. So I was sent on my way, waiting to hear back from REVO.

So I get a call today from the shop to say that REVO needs me to bring my car back in to the shop to copy my firmware so they can create a tune for my car. Bringing it in tomorrow to do that, I will post what firmware I am running and what not tomorrow, when I get more info from the shop tomorrow.

Looks like I am going to be a Guinna pig
Sounds like you have a unique combination - did you or the po replace the ecu ?

What you're gonna be is getting a custom tune for the price of a generic tune That's cool !
And actually for it not being a recent year/model am surprised they want to invest the time to do that because they probably won't have very many resales for that yr/model...

Would be great to sit around and watch them do it as they will be doing logging etc...

good luck,
I really enjoy our tune..

Last edited by JohnBoyToo; 01-14-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:37 PM
1st Gear

REVO is blowing us off, and starting to get a bit aggravated. About 3 weeks ago we were told it will be done in 2 weeks, and now they are not returning our calls nor emails. My local authorized installer was telling me how awesome customer service WAS at REVO, but the last 6 months they have gone drastically down hill. I have been advised to go with a different tune after waiting over 4 months on REVO, who originally said (in January) it should only take a week or two.