Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

AUDI OF ALEXANDRIA washed my car with sunroof open and won't do much with damage.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 02:16 PM
YSS
1st Gear

Is it reasonable for OP to demand that the dealer replace the car?

Old 06-04-2012, 04:17 PM
1st Gear

While the sheer incompetence of washing a car with the sunroof open astounds me, the dealer offered you what amounts to a fair compensation in my eyes. Not only was he willing to fix the immediate issue he caused, but he was willing to extend the warranty which would cover any potential additional/hidden problems that might arise later. Plus you'd be getting the benefit of the warranty blanket covering any *other* issues you car might have unrelated to the car wash which would have otherwise been out-of-warranty.

While they don't have any excuses for poor interpersonal skills and customer treatment, it sounds to me like you were never going to be satisfied. Every time the dealer offered you something more, you changed your tune and said it wasn't enough.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:21 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by BostonMarine
While the sheer incompetence of washing a car with the sunroof open astounds me, the dealer offered you what amounts to a fair compensation in my eyes. Not only was he willing to fix the immediate issue he caused, but he was willing to extend the warranty which would cover any potential additional/hidden problems that might arise later. Plus you'd be getting the benefit of the warranty blanket covering any *other* issues you car might have unrelated to the car wash which would have otherwise been out-of-warranty.

While they don't have any excuses for poor interpersonal skills and customer treatment, it sounds to me like you were never going to be satisfied. Every time the dealer offered you something more, you changed your tune and said it wasn't enough.
Well said.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:45 PM
1st Gear

Most dealerships have part time high school kids doing the service washes and there's no guarantee if this did happen that they would tell anyone. You hire min wage, you get what you pay for. Why do you think Jiffy-Lube can mess up changing oil on a push mower? I mean, no dealers going to pay someone $20/hr to do service washes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they'd lose money on every one that way. At my dealership, the young guys do a pretty darn nice job but still, teenagers are teenagers and don't always admit to making an honest mistake. As for the rest of this topic, I'm staying out of it.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:57 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by aspen79
Most dealerships have part time high school kids doing the service washes and there's no guarantee if this did happen that they would tell anyone. You hire min wage, you get what you pay for. Why do you think Jiffy-Lube can mess up changing oil on a push mower? I mean, no dealers going to pay someone $20/hr to do service washes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they'd lose money on every one that way. At my dealership, the young guys do a pretty darn nice job but still, teenagers are teenagers and don't always admit to making an honest mistake. As for the rest of this topic, I'm staying out of it.
"...they'd lose money on every one," Providing "free" car washes to service customers is not a profit center to car dealerships.

The rest of the "topic" is what is important, IMO. In the instance that is the subject of this thread, the dealership made a mistake, let water get inside the passenger compartment, then accepted reponsibility and made a reasonable and responsible offer to the OP. Judge for yourself the OP's position...

Old 06-10-2012, 06:11 AM
1st Gear

Yes, I'm sorry. Being an Audi tech at a dealership, and reading on this forum about how all dealership's are so bad, tech's that work at them are incomeptent and useless every time I visit this site,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I lost it.

You are right of course. The dealer should make it right. The one I work at would pay one of us to take the entire interior out, inspect all the in floor modules, and depending on the amount of water found, install new carpet, etc.... Chances are, a one time drenching will not damage any modules or wiring IF it has been dried out in a reasonable amount of time. Most cars I see with problems are a result of repeated water ingression. Usually from the sunroof drain maintenance not being done (ones that "don't go to the dealer for service because the dealer charges too much, the tech's are incomp........).
Sorry, there I go again. Dealership's have insurance for things like that, or they should anyways and it does seem this one has tried to be fair. What I meant by "lose money" was since the service wash is basically a free service to the customer, the dealer has to do it a s cheap as possible. They have to pay someone to do it and that money comes from somewhere............ I'll shut up now before I start ranting again.

Last edited by aspen79; 06-10-2012 at 06:21 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:21 AM
1st Gear

Thank you sir for an excellent post. I have no relationship with any motor vehicle dealership and agree with you.

The situation today is very different than it was 25 years ago when it was a crap shoot to deal with city dealerships (especially).

Originally Posted by aspen79
Yes, I'm sorry. Being an Audi tech at a dealership, and reading on this forum about how all dealership's are so bad, tech's that work at them are incomeptent and useless every time I visit this site,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I lost it.

You are right of course. The dealer should make it right. The one I work at would pay one of us to take the entire interior out, inspect all the in floor modules, and depending on the amount of water found, install new carpet, etc.... Chances are, a one time drenching will not damage any modules or wiring IF it has been dried out in a reasonable amount of time. Most cars I see with problems are a result of repeated water ingression. Usually from the sunroof drain maintenance not being done (ones that "don't go to the dealer for service because the dealer charges too much, the tech's are incomp........).
Sorry, there I go again. Dealership's have insurance for things like that, or they should anyways and it does seem this one has tried to be fair. What I meant by "lose money" was since the service wash is basically a free service to the customer, the dealer has to do it a s cheap as possible. They have to pay someone to do it and that money comes from somewhere............ I'll shut up now before I start ranting again.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:42 PM
1st Gear

Discrimination because of age. Only people over 65 are protected. If you are under 65, there is no such thing as age discrimination. Read the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Even later revisions will confirm that cut off age of 65.

You wrote several paragraphs before mentioning a question of race discrimination. No where in your post did you give any evidence of inkling of racial discrimination.

Put the race card back in your wallet. The entire negotiation/discussion was about customer satisfaction and $$.

Try this: Reverse the roles. Pretend you are a business man, and you have someone complaining. How many thousands of $$ would you spend out of your pocket for a customer whose car went through a car wash with the roof open?

Certainly, you would attempt to show good faith. You wouid also know the wholesale cost of a replacement car and the cost of a new car. How many thousands would you take out of your pocket to accommodate this customer?

These are not rhetorical questions.

We eagerly await your specific response. No fluff needed. Just numbers and $$.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:47 PM
1st Gear

BTW, you might just have a discrimination case (race) when you can prove that dealer gave hundreds or thousands of $$ who was not of the same race as you. Or, if dealer gave up the same/similar money to person who was of a different sex than you. Or, if dealer gave up ... money to a person who was of a different religion than you. Or ...money to a person who was of a different ethic background than you. Or....

Simply show the proof; you will have a good prima facie case. Again, fluff does not count.

Next customer, please.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:48 AM
1st Gear
Question

Sorry, wrong thread...

Last edited by KC_TOM; 12-02-2012 at 07:34 AM.

Quick Reply: AUDI OF ALEXANDRIA washed my car with sunroof open and won't do much with damage.