Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

AUDI OF ALEXANDRIA washed my car with sunroof open and won't do much with damage.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 11:47 AM
1st Gear

You might receive more responses in another thread. This one is totally unrelated to your inquiry.

Originally Posted by KC_TOM
Hello. Has anyone ordered an A6 directly from the factory and if so, were you able to negotiate a good price like you can if you buy from dealer stock? From what I can tell, I could save 2-3K if I order directly from the factory provided I can get a good price on the factory order. I’ve read that $1000 over Invoice is a fair price for a A6 3.0 Prestige, but correct me if you feel otherwise. The savings would come from the $899 in dealer trade fees (shipping one of their cars to the dealer that has the car I want and shipping the one I want back). In addition, I would save another $1000 on options I don’t really want (Side Assist and Cold Weather). Most cars I’ve seen seem to come with at least those if not others. I really just want the full LED lights.

Thanks for your help.

KC

Old 12-01-2012, 09:27 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by z06bigbird
Discrimination because of age. Only people over 65 are protected. If you are under 65, there is no such thing as age discrimination. Read the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Even later revisions will confirm that cut off age of 65.
Not trying to be a smart-a, but not following this. Where in the Civil Rights Act of 1964 or even 1991 is there any comment about people over 65 being protected? I know that the Age Discrimination Employment Act protects discrimination based on age regarding employment, but that threshold is 40. I really am curious as I have never heard that interpretation before. I agree that the claim is without merit.

This is an odd first post for me. I just joined site and looking up information for my new to me 2004 A6 S-Line and came across this string. I am in the DC area so looked up the local dealerships. I sort of understand the OP's position about customer service. I also appreciate Aspen79's position from a dealer/service tech position.

Based on the outcome, it appears that what the OP needed and should have received was courtesy and respect. The fact that he took a $10K hit only to avoid dealing with AoA indicates that the disagreement was not solely based on money. Of course we are only getting the details from one side, but I think the actions as recited seem plausible.

I visited a local BMW dealership recently while looking for a car and the salesperson was great, but the manager was very dismissive. I realize that I am not the typical well-heeled customer who was there to buy a new $50K Bimmer, but even if I was only looking at one of their used cars (2005 S4) for a fraction of the new car prices, the guy just walked away when I indicated I was not looking to pay the asking price for a car that showed front end damage. So I can see how the elistist mentality can sometimes manifest itself at these high end dealerships.

OP in this case did not have the choice to simply walk away since it was the dealership that made the mistake and was unable to make the owner whole (i.e. to his satisfaction). Ultimately, OP did walk but only after taking a loss, so his resulting frustration seems justified IMHO. Anyone reading about the experience can elect to ignore or believe. But even if just a handful of persons end up not going to the dealership, it seems that the dealership ends up losing more than a few thousand dollars that the manager was unwilling to negotiate to satisfy this customer that suffered from the negligence of one of the workers.

Audi Corporate also loses good will for not attempting to assist in the reconciliation of this matter.

Anyway, hoping to get some good information about the A6 from this site. Bought it a few weeks ago with 54K miles. It does seem to be an expensive car to maintain, but after I get past these initial big items, I hope to get much service from it.

Last edited by MDRSK; 12-01-2012 at 09:37 PM.