Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Audi of Santa Monica-Warning

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 07:13 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi of Santa Monica-Warning

Well, if you need service, then great people. Ask for Chris Navarro as a service advisor.

If you want Sales, run, dont walk away from these guys. From the Internet/Fleet Manager, Abtin, to the Sales Manager, Fred, they are dishonest, unprofessional and cant be trusted. They tell you what you want to hear. I bought a used 2010 A6 3.0 Premium car from them with 17,000 miles, approx 45 days ago and while the car itself is great, they sent me home with problems, corrected those problems somewhat on the cheap though,ie; ordered me a second key since it only had one and ordered me the valet key not the full remote. Then what I found was the worst abuse, was that I had gone back after buying the car, told them I wanted to purchase the Audi CPO Extended Warranty since it would be great for resale even though I only keep cars 1 to 1.5 years. Must have said that 4 or 5 times and then 10 days later while on a forum discovered the warranty wasnt transferrable. Called them back asking why they didnt disclose that and Abtin first acts like he doesnt remember our conversations, then out of the blue remembers I told him I keep cars for 2 to 3 years. So untrue. Hands me to Fred who tells me nothing can be done. I told him Audi told me they most definitely can refund the money and now 3 weeks later I am waiting for the refund. Every time I have called, which has been every day for 10 days, they tell me the check is on its way. I spoke to the GM yesterday and he assures me the check was cut yesterday and would be mailed today, Feb 14, 2011. So we'll see if Sam the GM has better scruples than the other two jackasses. The downfall started when I got home after taking delivery of the car they said was inspected, 300pt inspection and found it had a nail in one tire, bubbles on another tire, 2 fronts about 80% worn and a flat spare. I have owned a lot of cars so its 100% my fault for taking them at their word. I assumed being a big reputable Audi dealer that if they tell me its been inspected, then that was the truth. So save yourself the headache. Dont buy from them.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:15 PM
1st Gear

Hey Thanks for the heads up....

Old 05-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Default Hey

I hate that you had a bad experience. I work at an Audi dealership and I just hate hearing stories like this. It makes my job and life not so pleasent. Give everyone in the car business a bad name. I would love to sell a car using only threads in the forum to show how the experience should be especially with a Premium Product. Audi not only has a beautiful car but the experience should be just as high quality as the product that you are purchasing. Buying a car and a house are both major decision something that you spend soooo much time in and take pride in taking care of. I apologize that you had a bad experience and hope that it doesnt sour your experience driving the car. I had the same bad experience buying a car for me little sister at the Toyota dealership over there. I drove from redlands to help her and when we arrived they had "just sold the car". This was after 2 days of negotiating and working out the details. So frustrating!

I can only say that the best car salesman are people that have gone out and tried to buy cars themselves. We tend to appreciate that it is a long and frustrating process if your with the wring personl.

I have been selling cars for 5 years now and take pride in my referals and return customers. It means that my customers had a good experience and nothing could be more flattering.

Hope that you are now enjoying your A6. It is a beautiful car.

Chris H.
Walters Audi

Old 01-17-2013, 08:11 AM
1st Gear

Hi Chris, it would certainly help if you could give Audi of Hawaii an ear bashing for me then.....