Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Audi Willow Grove, PA

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 08:22 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi Willow Grove, PA

Im seriously mixed about this place. On one hand they have the STASIS stuff.. so at least I can go there in confidence. HOWEVER, as stated in my previous posts... and its NO NEWS to anyone with an Audi A6 or Q5.. and from what I am learning OTHER Audi's with "other" than manual transmissions. BUYER BEWARE... if you are purchasing an Audi, do more than one test drive.

I took my BRAND new car to the dealership to complain about the S Tronic issues I was having. Here are the issues>

1. At times on UPSHIFTING the trans hangs up between gears. Noted by shop foreman.
2. The LAUNCH control works here and there, not all the time. For whatever reason there are times where the trans doesn't know what gear to be in and bogs off the line. Noted by shop foreman
3. Boggest issue in my book is that when cruising in 3rd, 4th or above and you step hard on the accelorator... the car has a MAJOR delay before finding a gear and taking off (or passing on the highway). When I say major delay, I mean about a good 2 seconds before the car finds a gear it needs. Other times it never finds the right gear and gives off the feeling of a manual transmission slipping... LOT of RPMS.. no transmission. Noted by shop foreman.
4. A known complaint out there is while in DYNAMIC mode using paddle shifters.. the car shifts on its own long before redline...

Excuse me? I paid $60k for this car... umm, where is the freaking performance here? I did some homework researching youtube and the likes only to find that there is complete inconsistancy in the S - Tronic cars. NO such problems with MANUAL TRANS Big mistake buying this thing.

Long story short, I was told after leaving my car for a week and multiple test drives.. Audi has no bulletins and this car drove to factory specifications.

So I got AUDI involved... and all I got was an idiot on the phone that said the DEALER said the car works to factory specs... HMMMMMM My only recourse was to wait for ENOUGH people to complain before AUDI decides maybe there is an issue that needs fixing. WOW... I will absolutely NEVER buy another Audi again. I had bad clunking in my Q5 as well.. should have learned my lesson. $110,000 in Audi product... never again!

Long story short, the dealer never backed up the claim even though the problems were noted. Just know that if you have similar issues, expect nothing to get done.

Interestingly enough, I traded in a Porsche 911 Turbo,... and any issue I EVER had with that car... I had RED carpet treatment!!! RED CARPET boys... what the FFFFFF is wrong with Audi.

Extremely pissed off customer! S - TRONIC = JUNK

Last edited by PAAudinut; 09-23-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:47 AM
1st Gear

I suggest that you may wish to next talk with the dealer principal or general manager. Judging from your comments there appears clearly to be a problem. Did the car exhibit the symptoms for the service writer, service manager or technician? If so and if the dealership is unable to diagnose/fix it, Audi should be consulted pronto. Typically this is done without prompting when te symptoms are observable.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:48 PM
1st Gear

Do not quote this as absolute but, my first GUESS would be a problem in the mechatronics unit OR a software glitch. As mentioned above, standard procedure in a case like this, if there's no DTC's stored, is for the tech to make a TAC (technical assistance contact) on ElsaWeb and talk to an engineer to see if together they can come up with a fix, a cause, or at the very least an idea to try. When I've been in a situation like with a car like yours, generally we can come up with something. If all ideas fail, it would then get upgraded and if a fix is still not found, it will get escallated(sp?) further where a field engineer will come right to the dealership and work with the tech. I know how this sounds but, sometimes when all else is exhausted the only thing a tech can do is make a best guess and "throw a part at it" an see what happens. We don't like to, but there are times when there's no other option. The field engineers have knowledge, equipment and access to information we as techs, don't necessarily have. Plus, an engineer specific to the system being diagnosed is sent who's specialty is transmissions (in this case). Unlike a tech who has to know EVERY system in the car. Anyways..................................

Sorry for the long disertation there! I really do hope a solution can be found for your A6. I'm sure you are aware an S-Tronic (DSG) trans will never shift/drive like a planetary automatic, especially on take off from a stop. Obviously it should not do as yours does.

Last edited by aspen79; 10-01-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:26 PM
1st Gear
Default Went to another dealership

Originally Posted by aspen79
Sorry for the long disertation there! I really do hope a solution can be found for your A6. I'm sure you are aware an S-Tronic (DSG) trans will never shift/drive like a planetary automatic, especially on take off from a stop. Obviously it should not do as yours does.
No problem Aspen... but its the S4 not the A6. I was simply stating what they told me about the A6 issues. As of this morning, I took my vehicle to another dealership and test drove with the shop foreman in Cherry Hill, NJ. Within a few seconds of being in the vehicle, I did the accerlation process for him and viola! DELAYS!!! This time worse than normal... SO.. needless to say, this shop foreman noticed immediately, had me turn back around right away... ran the scanner on the trans and is writing to Audi with his finds.

What I can't figure out is why in the world the folks at Willow Grove, who felt the same issue, took the stance of... this car is operating to manufacture specifications?? It might just be running to specs, but its NOT right. Either way, I will keep this thread informed of my finds with Audi. Supposedly working on getting a field rep out. Til then...