Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Diablo Audi of Concord - Unethical Behavior

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Default Diablo Audi of Concord - Unethical Behavior

I had an unbelievable experience this past week with Diablo Audi! I worked with their salesperson (Ernst Gosch) to select a car and agree on a price. After coming to a satisfactory deal, I wrote them a $1000 check to hold the car that I wanted until the fiancing was approved (Audi North America had already closed by this time last Friday). The salesperson assured me the car was marked sold and that I could pick it up Monday. Sounds great right? Hardly. On Saturday, I took my 2 kids to show them the car. As we walked into the showroom, the car was being rolled outside. I asked why and was told by a dealership employee that the car had just been sold to a man that he then pointed too. Much to my surprise, I then learned that it was MY salesperson that had sold him the very same car that I had just purchased a day earlier! After much back and forth, the salesperson offered me nothing but lies and said that a replacement car would be ready on Monday. So I wait until Monday, and not surprisingly, Ernst couldn't get the car! I then spoke to the General Mgr. (Mel Haas) and got nothing but the run around.

I share this story with you so that others can avoid the totally frustrating waste of time that I just experienced. The good news is that I had the sense to go to Oakland Porshe Audi and had an excellent experience (Paul)! If you want to be treated with respect, honesty, and professionalism Oakland is the place to go!

Old 10-27-2006, 03:57 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Diablo Audi of Concord - Unethical Behavior

Wow that sucks..Thx for sharing, I bought my A4 at Audi of Livermore, they were okay when i bought the car, but after the purchase, they never amswered my questions I e-mailed and voiced mailed. since I live in SF I didn't want to drive back out there to ask my questions.

Old 12-24-2006, 02:29 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Diablo Audi of Concord - Unethical Behavior

Old thread rehash:

I just bought my A3 from Livermore. Could have had a much better experience. I had confirmed the car I wanted to pick up, prearranged my financing with the only thing left to do was to test drive it.

When I got to the dealership, all of the pre-test drive contacts had been for not as we totally started from scratch. It was one of the most irritating experiences I've had.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Default totally disagree with diablo's so called bad reputation

i gotta disagree with the bad comments on diablo audi.

I got my a3 at Diablo just yesterday. I've got only two words: excellent dealer.

i wasn't really looking forward togoing to the dealer and going through thenunpleasant sometimes brutal hassleto agree on pricing, terms, etc.but i gotta say, it was the smoothiest transaction ever.

i fully recommend diablo. talk to Joe, best salesman out of all the other San francisco bay areadingleberriesi interacted with prior to getting my car including the ones at dreadful stevens creek.

since i was out of town during the week i asked dave, the manager to hold the car for me until saturday, no deposit required. and sure enough, when i got to the dealer the car had a big SOLD sign on it so no one else would touch it.

then the whole process was done in probably 1,5hrs. tops including test drive,everything went smooth, got the price i wanted. totally satisfied.

totally worth driving all the way from san jose to concord.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:58 PM
1st Gear

I really dont think this is a fair assessment of Ernst Gosch. I personally bought 3 new Audis from Ernst in 97, 2000, and 2005...and he has always been very helpful, friendly, and professional. He didnt sell that other car, some other salesman at Diablo did...and management most likely knew all about the deal brewing with Ernst. Management at Diablo made a decision to sell the car...Ernst, personally, was not unethical. I am very upset that you have drug Ernst's name thru the mud for something that was out of his control. Yes, by all means you have an issue with Diablo..but not with Ernst personally. I actually think you owe him an apology.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Administrator

How would you actually know who sold it? Kinda curious...