Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Keyes Audi-Van Nuys, CA Avoid their service like the plague.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Default Keyes Audi-Van Nuys, CA Avoid their service like the plague.

Recently, I purchased a late-model Audi A4 Avant. Prior that purchase I contacted Keyes Audi to perform an inspection and make sure the car was in sound condition. I asked one of the service reperesentatives what type of instpections they offerred and I was given two options; one of which being a$300+ inspection (and this number varies weekly depending on when you call and who you speak with) and the other was a "general" inspection that essentially reviews the interior, exterior, brakes, tires, etc. This "general" service did not require a single turn of a ratchet, screwdriver, or wrench, merely a visual inspection that also included a 4 mile test run.

After recieving the car I found numerous, blatant issues that Keyes did not relay to me and here are just a few:

Warped rear brake rotor
Hole in the primary muffler making loud noise
Demolished engine splash
missing rear right side fender liner
missing wheel center caps
front license plate was glued onto front bumper

The above is not a complete list but I will save everyone the boredom.

I purchased the car out of state and relied on Keyes to be my "eyes" for this car and they failed horribly. The technician I spoke with and the service manager were both apologetic and were in agreement that they performed a sub-par inspection. Again, these were items easily viewed by any lay person let alone a trained Audi Technician. I took the Audi to two Audi dealers and a local Audi certified garage and all were in agreement, how could Keyes over look these issues and not tell you about them?

Long story short, the GM of Keyes offered no help, at all. He insisted I did not request the proper type of inspection and that I shoulda have bought a new car instead, what a brainiac.

I've contacted the California Bureau of Automotive repair and they were great in performing additional investigation. Audi USA was no help either, it basically comes down to my word versus Keyes Audi. I recommended that Keyes Audi be allowed less new cars to sell due to their lack of integrity in this matter, the more negative marks on this dealer the better.

I've attached two pictures so everyone can see how obvious these issues are.

I was not trying to squeaze the dealer nor am I a "sue-happy" person, I just wanted to make things right but again, Keyes offered absolutley no recourse.

I do not recommend purchasing vehicles from this dealer and absolutely do not recommend taking you car their for service. If one of their tech's cannot see a hole in a muffler or sense a warped rotor, they should not be touching your car.

Attached Thumbnails Keyes Audi-Van Nuys, CA Avoid their service like the plague.-primary-muffler-018.jpg   Keyes Audi-Van Nuys, CA Avoid their service like the plague.-half-front-skid-027.jpg