Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Lewis Motors of South Burlington VT

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 10:51 PM
1st Gear
Default Lewis Motors of South Burlington VT

So far so good, they are the closest dealer to me (Rutland VT) within 100 miles, so I have talked to them on the phone only so far, but they seem to be bending over backwards to help me out. My car appt. is next Thursday, so I will report back with how it went. Need to have the 65000mi service done, wiper transmission fixed, new windshield (thanks, wipers... sublet to their local glass shop), inspection, and they throw in the free car wash/detail.

Estimate at $300 for wipers, $90 for service (though I have done a bit so it should be lower, i.e. plugs, air filter, etc), $47 for state inspection, and I have a $100 deductible on my insurance for the glass. Coming from kinney motors, I'm still ahead if I walk out with half a car left for under 4 digits

Time will tell, I'll report back!

Old 03-24-2009, 08:00 AM
1st Gear

Got my car fixed, runs like a champ. Two complaints though, one minor and one not with Lewis. When they "figured out" what caused the fog lights to stay on with the high beams, the reason was the car was programmed to "rest of world" not "US", so I will VAG that back, along with re-enabling the remote windows.

Second gripe is with Precision Auto Glass, simply for the aftermarket windshield that does not have an Audi Logo, and warps and distorts the road around the edges. I'm dealing with the insurance company and them today... Unacceptable and I can guarantee that will be fixed right, and not one bit of it on my dime. I had stated I didn't want aftermarket glass, but since Lewis subletted it to Precision, maybe the message got lost (I work in a help desk at a hospital, you'd be surprised how often it happens), so I need to figure out exactly who to rip into here. Progressive is supposed to pride its self on repair satisfaction, so I may just make them deal with it. $3600/yr for maximum coverage says a lot when its about to walk out the door, or worse "crash into a tree due to nauseating windshield glass" on full comprehensive.