Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Misadventures w Audi Columbia SC

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 08:19 AM
1st Gear
Default Misadventures w Audi Columbia SC

2011 Audi A4 Avant quattro, VIN WAU4FAFL5BA050121
Misadventures w Audi Columbia
During one of routine servicings, as a response to high oil consumption, an upgrade to oil/air separator was installed. Upon picking up the car and driving back to Chester noted initially down on power which progressed to marked down on power and rough running. Car flat-bedded back to Audi Columbia. Dx: clamp misinstalled by technician.
On PM of 7/3/2013 shortly after topping up tank at BP station at I-77 and US-9, began running very rough with black exhaust on acceleration. Drove car to Audi Columbia with presumptive dx of fuel contamination, confirmed by a call to the station's fuel supplier - diesel had been pumped into Premium tank at station.*
Repair order opened at Audi Columbia 7/5/2013, promised 7/12/2013.
Multiple calls on my part to Audi Columbia assured me that my repair was a "priority". Repairs reportedly completed 8/16/13. Voice mail left for me while out of area (San Antonio Med Conference) that date. E-mail sent me 8/22 informing me that voicemail had been left "7 or 9 days earlier", to which I replied that my picking up car was a "priority" and to expect me 8/27, my earliest opportunity.
Upon arriving at Audi Columbia 8/27, Service Advisor Dagmar Kinney went to holding lot to retrieve my car, but I noticed she after initially driving to service entrance where I waited, proceeded to drive the car in the parking lot a minute or so.... Curious, thought I. Ms Kinney reported the brakes seemed not right but probably from rust on rotors...should correct itself. I took possession of car and drove a mile or two down the road noting quite a soft brake pedal w juddering at end of travel and an illuminated check engine light.*
Returned to dealer. Service Mgr reported error code in fuel system that would be consistent w system leak. Evaded any answer re brake issue.
Initially I was told no Loaner Vehicles available, but a trusted Sales Associate arranged a car off the lot for my use.
8/28 called Audi Columbia and told that a fuel seal had been misapplied and was leaking, to be replaced. No explanation given for brake issue.. Ms Kinney, when questioned, proffered perhaps it was because engine wasn't getting sufficient fuel (?).*
Call to Audi of NA customer service 800-822-2834 on 8/29 yielded many "I'm sorry for your experience" sort of comments but no promise of further action or inquiry into status of Audi Columbia Service Dept. Spoke w two different Representatives, to the best of my recollection no Reference Number was given.
Ms Kinney promised an update 8/31 AM, no contact received. Called Audi Columbia 8/31 PM, Ms Kinney reported she was there but "not working." Reported the brake issue was a stuck caliper on rotor with rotor scored... They did not turn rotors there... Parts would be ordered. I proffered that this expense of parts and repair would be on Audi Columbia since the defect appeared during the car's stay there, to which Ms Kinney replied "We are discussing that". On more than one occasion referred to the aforementioned Sales Associate as though she has some responsibility here.
During one of my many conversations with Ms Kinney I requested the opportunity to speak with a Regional Service Representative, or the like, to which Ms Kinney replied "that would be like asking to talk to President Obama".
Another call to Audi Customer Service 8/31, with my relating all of above recent developments since last call, led to "we understand your frustrations" sort of responses and a promise to keep me updated via Cell Phone (emails reportedly not an option in that they need to go through a Correspondence Committee). I explained again that my issue is NOT with quality of the vehicle but entirely with the lack of quality at Audi Columbia's Service Dept, in fact in the Spring had ordered a 2014 Audi TTS from Audi Columbia's trusted Sales Associate.

Owners beware of this Service Dept, and don't put great faith in Audi NA Customer Service line.

Last edited by wrbix; 09-01-2013 at 08:29 AM.