Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

New Country Conn

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Default New Country Conn

Anyone else have a poor experience with New Country?

Old 06-08-2011, 06:24 PM
1st Gear

New Country is a terrible dealership - any of them. New Country has a dealership for almost any vehicle you can think of. Even some down in Florida. I think they are just so big, the management cannot keep up with everything. Do not go there for anything. The technicians are jokes and have little to no regard for the customer. The maintenance schedules, they do not even follow. I am a Volkswagen/Audi technician primarily but one day I was servicing a Mini Cooper S with about 95,000 miles on it. The owner had always gone to New Country for service but this time came to the independent shop that I work at for a new clutch. The air filter was as black as night. I mean really. Something as simple as an air filter was overlooked by a dealer how many times??? Who knows what other things they disregard.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:28 AM
1st Gear

here's a review i posted on yelp which they deleted:

6/12/2011
I've written this up so that anyone googling for a review of an experience at New Country Audi of Greenwich can get the real lowdown. This is not an opinion piece but rather a statement of all the facts.

Here's what happened to my 2001 Audi S4 in June of 2011.

My Audi S4 had just hit 80k miles, and was due for servicing. There was a factory recall so I decided to take it to the dealership instead of to a local independent mechanic.

I made an appointment for 2 weeks in the future on a friday morning at 7:30am. I decided to drop the car off the night before so that there was no risk of my car arriving after the scheduled time. On friday I didint hear anything from them until 3pm in the afternoon stating they overbooked and would not be able to get to my car. I asked them how long it would take them to finish and they said they wouldnt be able to get to it before monday at the earliest. This is some very poor planning but i figured i'd give them the benefit of the doubt. I asked if it was ok if i picked up the car tommorrow (ie saturday) and they said it was fine.

I went there saturday at 12:30 and spoke with the receptionist. She was quite nice and rescheuled me to a date in which I could actually get a loaner this time. I was fine with this. I'm pretty sympathetic and understand that these things happen. The next part is where I lost my compassion.

They called down for my car, and I waited about a half hour before they came back and saif they couldnt find my car!!!! I walked the whole facility with them and they couldnt find it. We ended up calling the police and filing a police report. They had no loaners so I had to get a ride home from my wife.

I spent all of saturday and sunday worrying about my car. I was freaking out because that car was my baby! Her and I have been together for years!

On monday the service manager calls me up to tell me they found my car. They "accidently" sent it to their local body shop in port chester. Apparently there was an indentical year and color S4 which should have gone to the shop instead of mine.

I told them that since my car was already there to give me a loaner and do the work on my car. I went by monday afternoon and picked up a loaner whicle my S4 remained with them. I told them I expect to be properly compensated for this screw up.

I get a call the next day stating that I needed $8000 worth of work. What a ridiculous estimate! The book value on the car is $10k. Now I do realize that a car at this age/mileage has some work on the horizon. For instance part of the quote was to replace the timing belt. That's fine and to be expected. Instead of adding a replacement of the water pump to this estimate it was an additional piece of work with considerable time estimated against it. There were also estimates for upper control arm, lower control arm, etc. Pieces that should be grouped together but they didin't.

Long story short...they should have offered some proper compensation for their major screw up, but instead they offered nothing. All I got was a loaner for a few days. I told them that with 8k worth of work on a 10k car that I would consider getting a newer one. (I was still giving them the benefit of the doubt here). They called me back 2 days later to say that since they knew about all that was wrong with my car they would offer me $3500 as a trade in !!!!!!! That was the final straw. How insulting is that?!?!?!?!? Don't do me any favors! I told them to just change my oid at their expense and give me my car back! I'm done with them!

I took the car to an independent mechanic who verified everything they said needed to be replaced, however the cost was SIGNIFICANTLY lower. I'm not just talking about the hourly rate but mainly the cost of the parts AND the number of estimated hours. They could have offered to replace the components for me at dealer's cost. They could have offered to cut me some deal on the work! They could have offered a great tradein and a great deal on a new car. They did nothing to smooth over the situation.

I had been considering replacing her with a newer car since I dont want to be bothered with massive upcoming repair bills and parts replacement (will also need new tires, new brakes, etc soon). If they treated me right I would have bought a new Audi S4...but they didin't!

I hope anyone googling for a review of their dealership finds this information. I highly advise you to go to Audi of Fairfield, Danbury, or anywhere else instead of New Country Audi of Greenwich.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:24 PM
4th Gear

Cross the TZB and get great service. Sergey and Alex charge reasonable prices for their work.

Edge Motors - Home