Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

What could I do as a sales woman to make your experience better?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 01:56 AM
1st Gear
Default What could I do as a sales woman to make your experience better?

Wow. I'm reading these posts and just feeling as if a lot of you had bad to worse than bad experiences at dealerships. I think that is awful and SAD. I know people talk more when they're unhappy, but this particular forum really tells me I could learn a LOT and do a lot better for my clients.

As a salesperson, I'd love to hear what I could do RIGHT for owners. I'd also love to hear just what makes you see red.

I'm proud of my name on my Audi business card, and I'd like to keep earning the right to sell the cars I love.

You are the folks who make Audi. Some of us really recognize that.

I can be educated.

Old 11-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Default RE: What could I do as a sales woman to make your experience better?

Give us free stuff!

Old 11-01-2004, 06:20 PM
6th Gear

The less hassle the better. Everytime I want to test drive an audi model, I have to pretend to want to make a deal that day. If you don't want to buy right then, the sales people hardly want to help you. I get angry just thinking about the dealership!!! [:@]

Old 11-02-2004, 04:38 AM
1st Gear

Obviously, giving away stuff doesn't work.

However, I am always happy to test drive anybody. If you say, "I'm not looking to buy, but I'd like to test drive" heck, I am delighted to let you drive the car. You need to do that before you become an owner, obviously.

Are you NOT meeting sales pros who want you to test drive?! We WANT you to test drive. I can't imagine anybody not wanting you to drive.

What happens?! That makes no sense to me, at all.

Old 11-02-2004, 02:50 PM
6th Gear

Also a lot of dealers never know when to leave. When you're buying a car, you get to the point where you need some "alone time" to just walk around and think. Every salesperson i've dealt with tries to pressure you during that time and make you decide on the spot.

Old 11-03-2004, 12:55 AM

if a salesman doesnt let me test drive the car, i pretend to up call my "grandpa" and complain that they wont let me test drive the car i want for graduation. then i tell the salesman i want to buy the car and i wish to speak to a different salesman.

Works every time

Old 11-03-2004, 06:48 AM
2nd Gear

dwala,
I am thrilled to see an audi rep on this forum trying to pursue a better experience for their customers. The real problem however is that there aren't enough audi reps like you. Audi reps are snotty and pushy and don't listen to the customer because they think we don't know jack. Also, a lot of us lads/ladies are not of the demographic that audi reps expect to be buying their cars. They think we're just a bunch of kids out to ruin their product. In reality, we just really want to know what's out there and what the car can do. We are not easily swayed by some sales rep that speaks volumes about a car..we want to experience the car! Lots of people just get talked into buying a car..I think that is just terrible! I love my audi because honestly it is the best thing I've ever driven..not because some sales guy told me all the great things about the car. When I bought my car..I didn't even speak with a salesperson before I knew I wanted it. A sales-aid got my info and let me test drive the car but he didn't know anything about the car. First time I talked with the salesperson was to bargain a price.

With almost all the dealers I have gone too the first thing they ask is what price range you are looking to buy in. This is a terrible approach. I would think that it is the reps job to get the customer to fall in love with the car. Worry about the money after they are completely hooked. Don't just dismiss an opportunity because they don't fit the stereotypical 35+ white male looking to buy german perfection bill.

With your product, it should not be hard to move inventory. Just don't think that because it's not hard..you don't have to be helpful. Your customer may not buy an audi in the next 5 years..but if they remember that you gave them no patience and badgered them or ignored them the last time they looked at an audi..they sure as hell aren't gonna buy from you later.

When making a sale..be the shopper. What would you want to hear, how would you want to feel, what is most important to you when buying something that is a long term investment? Be a human being instead of some sales machine.

Ok, enough of my blabber! Thank you for taking interest in your customers..too few of you do..

-T

Old 11-05-2004, 01:54 PM
Site Moderator

Living in Indianapolis, we have one Audi dealer here. And I can tell you it has had an utterly horrible reputation with the local North American Audi Club chapter. They also sell Jag and Volvo and put those brands ahead of Audi. I showed up one day to check out a new A4 Cab. I arrived in a 98.5 1.8 A4.

Me: "Good morning, I wanted to take a look at the new Cabriolet you've got over there. Maybe take it for a drive."
Salesman: "Absolutley. Would you like to check out this S40 first?" (a apparently used volvo)
Me: ****** head* "What?"
Salesman: "The S40 is a great little car. I can guarantee you'll like it."
Me: "Did you hear me say I wanted to look at the Cab?"
Salesman: "Yes sir. Just thought you would like to see the S40 first."
Me: "And why is that?"
Salesman: "Uh. Its a great car"

I shook my head and walked into the dealership and found another salesperson. I am a 30 year old professional - not some 20 year old college kid. Why do salespeople consiously caste people as soon as they walk onto the lot.

Anyways - thanks for letting me vent, Dwala. Nice to see some Audi presence here and taking an interest.

cheers

Old 11-05-2004, 06:05 PM
1st Gear

I just got done buying my Audi used from a dealer. The guy was for the most part OK. One thing I did notice is that he had a lack of general knowledge about the car. 01 A6. THings like how much to change the oil, if the warranty was done, any recall work, etc. I brought the car back to get the plates put on and he got in and the car wouldn't start. Perfect timing. He got the little charging stand and proceded to ask me if positive goes on positive??? WTH Since the car was certified, I ask if the charging system and battery were checked, guess what? All of a sudden he became a expert in maintenence saying some really weird stuff like its just the battery and everything else was ok. It was obvious he was blowing me off, I didn't like that. The car was brought and delivered. That's the feeling I got. Maybe a follow up call would be nice. Hey, I just called to see if everything was OK with the car type thing. Just like they do at a nice restaurant. Was your meal OK? SAme type of thing. I dread buying a car from a dealer. They are so phony. Not all, some.

Old 11-05-2004, 07:48 PM

actually just for fun me and my buddy walked into a Acura dealership to look at the japan POS but we were there for about half an hour looking around talking no one can up we were like WTF we didn't bother asking for service or anything but they just ignored up and we are not that young either myself i turn 27 next month we wern't dressed like slobs or anything so as we were leaving i just tossed my coffee cup on the grond as we walked past the salemen just to let them know what I thought of there cars

Quick Reply: What could I do as a sales woman to make your experience better?