2006 Audi A4 B7 3.2L V6 Oil Leaks

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 02:22 PM
1st Gear
Angry 2006 Audi A4 B7 3.2L V6 Oil Leaks

Hey everyone,

So i had some oil development on the floor of my garage, so i decided to bring my vehicle into "the professionals" at Audi Edmonton North, and i have brought my car in 3 times, spent 3000$, and still leaking oil.

The first time i brought my vehicle in, it went smoothly, jumped in the loaner vehicle, and i was on my way! I asked for a quote before they went ahead with the repairs, and i was quoted 1128$ to reseal my valve cover gaskets, and timing chain seal. They called me and told me my vehicle was ready to pick up. When i went to go pay, the total was 1210$. I didn't say anything, and then after i paid i pulled out the quote and asked why is this different. Nobody at the time could tell me as why, but i was told i would receive a call tomorrow morning. The morning passed, still no answer. Now today is Friday, and i have still heard nothing until the afternoon,, and unrelieved a call about my touchup paint that came in. I waited till Saturday to call them, spoke with a sales rep, who assisted me through my first payment, and said i would receive a call today. Monday turns the corner, and finally they call me. They had replaced my air filter, no consent, and basic shop chargers. They refunded me for the shop chargers but had to eat the bullet for the air filter.

A week later, i still notice oil leaks developing... I bring my car in, hop in a loaner and I'm on my way. They have their shop foreman now looking at my vehicle, and has spotted that my vacuum pump is leaking , and all 4 solenoids. At this point, i was upset that they had missed that in the first place, and now having to spend another 1616$ to fix my vehicle and make it safe to drive. I wanted a deal, and i spoke with the service manager, who said he would call me back in an hour with my details. He didn't return my call for 6 hours, so i decided to call back, and he still doesn't have an answer for me. I ended up paying 1498, so 120$ off basically, and left there content, because the issue was fixed.

About a week passes, and i lift my car up on a hydraulic lift my friend has at his warehouse, and i still notice oil leaking from my engine. At this point I'm livid.
I call audi, they want to take my vehicle before the Canada day long weekend, but had plans to go on vacation. So Monday rolls around and they come pick up my vehicle from me at work, and they take it into the shop and start digging. The foreman who was working on my vehicle had to redo the timing chain seal, because the first guy that looked at my car was obviously inexperienced or not trained well. So I went in and spoke with the GM and told him all of this, and said would get the vehicle fixed for no charge or "try to keep the costs as low as we can." He apologized for all the inconveniences and lack of communication they had with me, and told me he would be in contact with me tomorrow on what is the status on the vehicle. Yesterday came around, no call at any point throughout the day, so i called at 4:30 and asked for the GM, but apparently he had already talked to my service advisor and went through it with her, then left the building. After talking with her, they figured it now is my transmission seal, or rear engine seal which is going to cost me 300$ in parts and 1500$ in labour, and that is with the GM's deal. The work they did on my vehicle the third tome it was in, replacing the seal they messed up, but I wasn't informed about any of this until i called my service advisor and she told me. I told her i was coming to pick up my vehicle tonight. I grabbed the quote she offered me, and left angry.

The GM said he would give me a call today, but well have to wait and see. All i am looking for is advice on how to deal with this situation, and whats the best way to start approaching it. If you have any more questions about the situation, please don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Cheers,
Andrei

Old 09-29-2016, 01:43 PM
1st Gear

Sorry that you've had a bad experience. I hated my first Audi til I stopped taking it to the dealership. Now on my third, at 300K, I wont let anyone touch it besided my independent uber-mechanic. Over 20+ years I've learned over years that Audis have certain quirks, one being that it likes its frequent sips of "bier" - 20W50 Castrol. So it has its garage floor pad over which I park it so it can piddle like a pup. And we're both happy. Small price to pay for our love affair.
That being said. I'm only talking drops, not a flood.
Hope you can find a great mechanic in your area. I've found that the platinum tow package from AAA or AARP that gets you to your mech. saves bundles over a short tow to the dealer who re charges 4 figures. I've not found a North Amercan dealership wth the German Audi mindset.

Last edited by silverswan; 09-29-2016 at 01:56 PM.