New Car Issues. . .

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 09:47 PM
1st Gear
Angry New Car Issues. . .

I was finally able to purchase my first new car and chose the audi Q7 2017. Went to Hoffman Audi after doing research and knowing what I wanted. The salesperson seemed knowledgable and I thought I was being sold a premium plus with drivers assistance- which during the test drive she informed us all about. I received no paperwork or pamphlets on the car I purchased just a quick online print out with acronyms, nothing was itemized and no car sticker copy. Upon delivery of the car from NJ port- when I received it everything was still packaged- they did not know how to install the tablets- wifi was not set up-they were busy with other customers despite my appointment- and there was already 67 miles on my new car (even though the finance paperwork said there was 37).

Come to find out a week later, it did not have the drivers assistance I thought I was getting. My husband and I emailed our salesperson and her response was that we received it in paperwork- which we had never received upon the sale. The dealership apologized and a manager took on the issue from there, informing he that he instructed his employees to itemize and care for their customers. But now I had just paid 73K for a car that did not have all of the features I thought I was getting. The dealership said they would work with us to resolve the issue and would make a switch if that is what would satisfy us.

Well, there is a 3 month waiting period for a new Q7, possibly more. We decided on just getting the prestige- which they showed us the itemized list of features (which I had not seen before dealign with the manager) it had everything we had in our premium plus as standard and we would not have to pay for it- when we had paid for all of it in the premium plus. We paid 73K for the premium plus, the prestige- with drivers assistance and tow package was 70K. However, after conveyence fees, salesperson fees, etc, we are now looking at a 10K difference to make the switch and all the dealership was willing to do what throw in the simonize- they said this was bottom line price- no negotiations. Mind you, I received a car which I thought had certain features and did not due to their miscommunication, now they want me to pay 13K for the car I actually wanted which is technically 3K LESS than the car I actually have. They are saying this is due to depreciation of my current vehicle, adding the drivers assistance feature, etc. I just don't get it. . .

I have only had the car for two weeks. They completely messed up on the sale and did not protect their customer and are unwilling to negotiate but want me to pay more out of pocket for the car I thought I was originally getting. What do you do in this case?

Old 09-20-2016, 07:00 AM
1st Gear

You stop complaining about first world issues, that's what you do about it. Sorry to be that guy but there are people who are having REAL new car issues. You know, like "timing jumped and my valves are bent, I may need a new engine head" or "rough idle, wont accelerate." Things like that where you know, the car won't even start. Fact of the matter is, there was an oversight on their part and you have to wait 3 months for another Q7. I'm so sorry that your car had an extra 30 miles on it as well!! I know that must've been devastating and traumatic experience. GL and I hope you get your ordeal remedied as soon as possible.

P.S. The title of your post is extremely misleading.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:45 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Q72017
I was finally able to purchase my first new car and chose the audi Q7 2017. Went to Hoffman Audi after doing research and knowing what I wanted. The salesperson seemed knowledgable and I thought I was being sold a premium plus with drivers assistance- which during the test drive she informed us all about. I received no paperwork or pamphlets on the car I purchased just a quick online print out with acronyms, nothing was itemized and no car sticker copy. Upon delivery of the car from NJ port- when I received it everything was still packaged- they did not know how to install the tablets- wifi was not set up-they were busy with other customers despite my appointment- and there was already 67 miles on my new car (even though the finance paperwork said there was 37).

Come to find out a week later, it did not have the drivers assistance I thought I was getting. My husband and I emailed our salesperson and her response was that we received it in paperwork- which we had never received upon the sale. The dealership apologized and a manager took on the issue from there, informing he that he instructed his employees to itemize and care for their customers. But now I had just paid 73K for a car that did not have all of the features I thought I was getting. The dealership said they would work with us to resolve the issue and would make a switch if that is what would satisfy us.

Well, there is a 3 month waiting period for a new Q7, possibly more. We decided on just getting the prestige- which they showed us the itemized list of features (which I had not seen before dealign with the manager) it had everything we had in our premium plus as standard and we would not have to pay for it- when we had paid for all of it in the premium plus. We paid 73K for the premium plus, the prestige- with drivers assistance and tow package was 70K. However, after conveyence fees, salesperson fees, etc, we are now looking at a 10K difference to make the switch and all the dealership was willing to do what throw in the simonize- they said this was bottom line price- no negotiations. Mind you, I received a car which I thought had certain features and did not due to their miscommunication, now they want me to pay 13K for the car I actually wanted which is technically 3K LESS than the car I actually have. They are saying this is due to depreciation of my current vehicle, adding the drivers assistance feature, etc. I just don't get it. . .

I have only had the car for two weeks. They completely messed up on the sale and did not protect their customer and are unwilling to negotiate but want me to pay more out of pocket for the car I thought I was originally getting. What do you do in this case?
Sometimes this actually happens especially to those first time buyers. That's why you need first to read some useful information before purchasing a car so that you will not be put on a very embarrassing situation. Also, you need to search for the trusted car dealers because surely you can get great service. I think you will do now is to canass for the other dealers price and information about your car, so that you can compare it to yours. You might also ask directly to the other dealers about the issue. You may consider checking out at DSR Leasing.