Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

cleaning my a4 cloth sport seats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 05:27 PM
1st Gear
Default cleaning my a4 cloth sport seats?

So I just now found out via searching this board that I have the somewhat rare cloth sport seats in my '98 a4. When I bought the car I remember the guy mentioning something about him driving some insane amount of distance to another state just to find that car with all the specifications. Apparently its the celebration ed. with the tinted/dimming mirrors, and it has the sport seats. ANyways, npow to the main question. I'm looking to give it a GOOD thorough cleaning. The seats have a couple dusty parts that the vaccum won't get out. WHat should I use to clean them really good so they look new. What should I clean the dash/armrests with also?

Old 04-12-2008, 11:01 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: cleaning my a4 cloth sport seats?

Fabric seats - 303™ Rug / Upholstery Cleaner & Spot Remover or 303™ Aerospace Cleaner
Duragloss FC (Fabric & Carpet Cleaner, Aerosol Foam) is a blend of surfactants, which encapsulates and gently foams away soil, oil and grease from fabric and carpet surfaces. Spot cleaning can be done without leaving rings on fabric - http//:www.autogeek.net

Vinyl interior trim cleaning- the interior trim consists of the dash, vents, hard plastic surfaces and vinyl trim. These surfaces all can be cleaned using a damp micro fibre towel and a 5:1 Woolite / distilled water solution and with a water-based, anti-static cleaner Iz einszett Cockpit Premium; even at high temperatures, its thermo-stable action protects the product against break-down or 1Z Cockpit Premium as a matte finish dressing. Alternative - Einszett Vinyl-Rubber Care + Protectant 'Tiefenpfleger'

Plastic - For all plastic surfaces (BTI Chemicals Plexus® Plastic Polish & Cleaner) including wood, as they are protected with a urethane clear coat

Old 04-13-2008, 12:20 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: cleaning my a4 cloth sport seats?

o cool i got the sport seats on my 98.. love them way more than leather! I bought a Shark Steam Cleaner and it works great on the cloth. it doesnt get stains out obviously but i use itafter i vacum my whole car out and it freshens up the entireinterior without using scented crap.