Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

Detailing Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 09:57 PM
1st Gear
Default Detailing Issues

So I recently bought a used audi, and the car is in great shape don't get me wrong, but I am very meticulous about my vehicles and I need some advice on what to do here....

It is an 05 S4 with the recaro racing seats and I have two issues that are bugging me like crazy. The first, the seats are the very light grey (with charcoal interior) which pops but also shows dirt like crazy.. Car was a california car for most of it's life and seems to have dirt pretty much ground into the leather, it still looks nice, but in the wear lines it shows dirt, and ideas?

Also, the seat belts, maybe I am just that ****, but they are really dirty. I tried Oxyclean spray on them hoping that would work, but no dice... Anyone have any ideas?

Old 07-06-2010, 10:27 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

based on your description of the problem. And trusting you don't want to f*ck up your car. In my opinion, the very best option for you...

call a pro

not sure what you would expect a pro detailer to cost but if you call a guy and he quotes you about twice as much as you think it should cost, that is probably the right guy

Old 07-07-2010, 01:42 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 02A6Beau
based on your description of the problem. And trusting you don't want to f*ck up your car. In my opinion, the very best option for you...

call a pro

not sure what you would expect a pro detailer to cost but if you call a guy and he quotes you about twice as much as you think it should cost, that is probably the right guy
I agree with the statement above. If you are meticulous about your vehicle it wouldn't hurt to hire a professional to work on it to make it look brand new again and then you can maintain it from that point onwards.

But finding a pro detailer can be difficult since there are a lot of phonies out there that are only in it for the money and don't share a true passion for the cars. In many cases the owner is better off trying to treat the affected area rather than the "pro detailers". That being said if you post your area I can recommend you to a true, certified pro detailer who would be able to help you with the recaro seats.

The seatbelts is a quick fix since I would simply steam it with a pressurized commercial steamer. I don't expect you to have one so you can always try a good APC (All purpose Cleaner) like Meguiars diluted 10:1 being careful not to get it on your seats.

For the Recaro seats I would have to inspect them first and look at them before I used anything on them. Perhaps if you post a picture...

Waseem

Old 07-11-2010, 12:57 PM
1st Gear

Thank you both! I would probably drive myself crazy if I tried something and ended up ruining anything in the car or it having an adverse effect and looking worse. I am in the Metro-Detroit area in Michigan. Thanks!

Old 07-11-2010, 06:10 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by valdan18
Thank you both! I would probably drive myself crazy if I tried something and ended up ruining anything in the car or it having an adverse effect and looking worse. I am in the Metro-Detroit area in Michigan. Thanks!
Ok, Jason at Deep Gloss Auto Salon will take care of you. He is a great guy and knows his stuff to the T!

www.deep-gloss.com

Tell him ps3king from DB sent you over.

Best of luck.

Waseem

Old 07-17-2010, 03:03 PM
1st Gear

Thanks Waseem!