Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

HELP! I think my leathers seats are screwed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 01:18 PM
1st Gear
Default HELP! I think my leathers seats are screwed!

A few days ago I left my sunroof open and that night we g ot a record amount of rain. I woke up and my car was SOAKED, the floors and the seats were the worst. I immediately dried it out but it was still raining so I had to wait til the next day to really air dry it. Everything is dry now but............

my leather seats are hard and have a weird texture on the part that you sit on now, not the back part. I always condition them with good conditioner and I have conditioned them like twice a day since this happened but there still hard as a rock and dull in most areas.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS?? please let me know. I know new leather seats would be expensive

if anyone is wondering its a 2004 audi a4 1.8t

Old 05-24-2008, 10:33 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: HELP! I think my leathers seats are screwed!

Dried stiff leather – if the surface is dehydrated and / or inflexible from excess water damage or neglect use Leather Master’s Vital, its not a conditioner per se but will restore flexibility and softness

Basic Leather care- http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ther-care.html

Old 05-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Default RE: HELP! I think my leathers seats are screwed!

Leather Master is no joke. TB, I had a similar problem, which I had posted in another forum. In my case, it was just a bottle of water. I forgot that I had a Leather Master kit that I had bought for use on my Ekones recliner. Anyway, this morning I went out and applied some of the LM cleaner to the area in question, followed by the LM Protectant. I don't have the Vital, that TOGWTrecommended but it looks as if things are getting better already. Definitely get yourself some Leather Master products!