AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/detailing-51/)
-   -   Quick Review:Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/detailing-51/quick-review-wolfgang-exterior-trim-sealant-214257/)

WolfgangCarCare 02-24-2015 03:16 PM

Quick Review:Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant

13 Attachment(s)
Quick Review: Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant, rubber trim sealant, rubber protectant, exterior trim products, metal sealer
By Bigbull2984

Descriptions from the site

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is the only exterior trim protectant you need. This one product provides durable, clear protection on plastics, rubber, vinyl, and metal exterior trim. Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is designed to maintain the beauty of your vehicle, not cover it up. The protection is strong enough for a daily driver but the finish is worthy of a show car.
Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is a special blend of clear polymers, UV blockers, and a rust inhibitor that shields exterior trim from the sun and weather. Lots of products "dress" rubber and vinyl trim, but few offer a natural looking finish plus real protection. Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is in a league of its own.

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant works equally well on metal wheels, tires, metal grills, plastic wiper cowls, textured bumpers and smooth wheel well guards. It works on ALL exterior trim and tires! Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant will give plastic, vinyl, and rubber a darker, newer appearance. On metal, Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant forms a clear coating that maintains its luster.

And the Instructions from the site

Clean the surface to be treated prior to application of Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant. Surface should be completely dry.

Apply Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant to desired surface using a foam or microfiber applicator. If applying to tires, use a foam tire applicator. Apply a few drops to applicator and spread a thin, even coat over the surface. If used on hard, smooth surfaces such as the wheels or chrome trim, buff surface dry with a towel. If used on tires, allow to dry before driving.

Attachment 23861

After cleaning the trim I did an IPA wipe down, and I technically started this review before I even used BlackIce on my car, so I can give thoughts on durability. Again this was applied to the car on March 29th 2013. The updated pics below were taken on April 21, 2013. To apply I used the round makeup pads, kinda like the ones that come with Gtechniq, and did a total of 2 coats, and remember little goes a long way.

I will do this review with more pictures and less words…..I always preferred picture books

March 29th 2013

Attachment 23862
Attachment 23863
Attachment 23864
Attachment 23865

After Application

Attachment 23866

Day after application when I used Blackfire BlackIce

Attachment 23867

These pictures were taken this weekend, April 21, 2013. The car now sits outside almost day and night, we have had rain for 10 days in-between, the car has been washed once in a tunnel touch free wash, and twice with d114 in between. And tons of POLLEN!!!!!

But ok here are the final pics, and my final thoughts. This stuff works as advertised, and I am probably not going to look for a different trim sealant ever, I tried the Duragloss one and it lasted about a week for me. Wolfgang trim sealant works, easy to use, and $16 usually on sale….Nothing more to say :D

Downtown at my office

Attachment 23868

Beauty shot not trim related…

Attachment 23869
Attachment 23870
Attachment 23871
Attachment 23872
This was taken somewhere in between..
Attachment 23873

Enjoy and feel free to ask questions.