Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

REVIEW: Wolfgang Uber All-in-One on a Dark Blue Mercedes Benz CLS550

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 03:28 PM
Former Sponsor
Default REVIEW: Wolfgang Uber All-in-One on a Dark Blue Mercedes Benz CLS550

REVIEW: Wolfgang Uber All-in-One on a Dark Blue Mercedes Benz CLS550

BY Jarred767

Hey everyone! So I was lucky enough to get chosen to receive and review a couple of new products. Thanks again Nick!!:xyxthumbs: Here's my first review on the Uber AIO:

Opened it up and found it's a very light greeny blue color, quite thin (almost runny) and smelled quite nice. I had a tough time pinpointing the smell, but it was enjoyable to work with for sure (my customer even mentioned how his garage smelled so good while I was buffing) rops:

So here's the car I decided to test it out on, sorry not the greatest light for pictures in his garage:

The paint seemed like it was in pretty good condition considering it was only two years old, and in the above pictures (after a rinseless wash and decontamination using a Nanoskin sponge) it looked pretty good. Some close-ups with the Brinkman proved otherwise though:

Hood:

Passenger door:

Trunk:

I'll spare you all the pictures, you get the point, it wasn't in terrible condition, but had most likely been through some tunnel car washes or simply not taken care in all the right ways and needed a little bit of love. Enter Wolfgang Uber All-in-Onerops:

I've read a lot and knew that I could use a wide range of pads and tools with this product based off of what I was wanting out of it, but I decided to use a pretty basic setup. My customer was only wanting a simple wash, decontaminate, and 1-step, so I wasn't looking to make drastic improvements in swirl marks (there has to be some sort of incentive for them to get a higher package, right?) :buffing: With that said, I decided to use my Meguiars G110 DA with a 5" orange Lake Country flat pad. I probably could have gotten even more cut had I used a MF pad and/or my Rupes, but my idea of an AIO is one that I have to worry about as little as possible and get the job done right without being fussy and causing issues - again, leave a reason for the customer to get something a little more in-depth, plus I'm usually on some sort of time schedule with simple 1-step jobs. If you wanted to though, you could probably get even better scratch removal results with a more aggressive pad/machine combo.

Back to my experience... So, I didn't think to take pictures of actual process of using the Uber, sorry about that, but I did a test spot, (without letting it haze) and was very happy with the results - especially for an All-in-One - so I went ahead and started going to town on the car. Like I stated earlier, it was fairly thin and went on quite easily. On a side note, one downside to the thinness of the product was it was a little messy coming out of the bottle so ended up wasting a small amount of product:

Very easy to spread the product though and it had a pretty long buffing time; I was able to easily do a few passes without it drying out at all. There was absolute zero dusting that I experienced, so that was an absolute non-issue for me. The cut was very good for an All-in-One and it didn't seem to lose anything in final finish ability to have that much cut.

After doing the hood and then roof, I went back to check on the hood to see if it was ready to be wiped off (I usually use Meguiars M66 for my basic 1-step jobs and I can easily do the whole car and then go back and start wiping off, but I figured I'd check earlier just to make sure) and got nothing from the finger swipe test, it was a little odd. It didn't wipe clean, nor did it smear, so I tried wiping it off with a MF towel and almost nothing came off. Up until this point I had been extremely happy with the product, but things quickly changed. I had to go back over the hood one section at a time with some fresh Uber and try and buff off the old wax and it still didn't finish off that great. So I then had to dampen a MF with some Meguiars D156 spray wax which helped it clean up and then I got to see the true final results. I've had similar issues with Meguiars D151 in the past, and the D156 has helped, so that's why I tried that out, just an FYI. By the time I had finally gotten the hood cleaned up and got all of that dried wax off, I had the same issue on the roof of the car. I got that taken care of the same way and then decided that I had to have a new plan as I had already spent way more time on the hood and roof than I normally would on an entire car for a 1-step. I will say that temps were lower than ideal when I was applying the wax as it probably topped out at about 40 in the garage, so that could have been a factor in the difficult removal.

Once I got back to applying the Uber I did two sections, then wiped of the first, then just rotated all the way between applying and removing so that the wax didn't sit too long on the car (maybe 5-7 minutes) I still needed to use the MF dampened with D156 followed by a dry clean MF, but it was the only way to get all the wax off. Again the temps could have been affecting the removal process.

Here's some close up after shots of the paint after the process was complete:

Here's a few 50/50 shots I took as well:

Old 03-10-2015, 03:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Not 100% correction, but for a 1-step cleaner/polish/sealant with a basic DA and orange pad, I would say I was very impressed with the correcting ability to say the least. The final finished product was also very impressive, it finished off quite nicely and left an amazing amount of depth and gloss for a 1-step (Disclaimer: I can't guarantee the D156 didn't aid in this, but I had literally no other way to get the wax off the car, so I had no choice). Here's some more pictures once I finished everything off and pulled it out of the garage.

The customer was extremely pleased with the final results and couldn't wait to tell his friends about the car and how it was once again like it was when he bought it.

My final observations were that it was great product and did exactly what it was supposed to. Cut very well, finished extremely well and was easy to use minus the wiping off. Because of how thin it was, I used a very small amount of product, maybe 1 - 1.5 oz for the entire car; after priming the pad, it only needed a couple pea sized drops per section. It was also very easy to clean from the pad when cleaning on the fly; it didn't gum up the pad at all.

I want to give it another shot once it gets a little warmer here (it's been colder than average this last week) and I will be sure to update this then and let you guys know if it was a one time thing with the wipe off and cold temps. Great product though, and one that I will seriously consider replacing D151 as my more aggressive AIO if I get good results in warmer temps.

Thanks again for the sample Nick! It was fun to try out a brand new product and share my thoughts.

P.S. I should have a car in the next week or so to try out the Pinnacle Compound on and review it as well.

Last edited by WolfgangCarCare; 03-10-2015 at 03:31 PM.