Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

Silver/chrom outlining help..

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 01:59 AM
1st Gear
Default Silver/chrom outlining help..

Ok, so im still a newbie to this site. but thats not the problem, i just got my 08 a4, and im very happy with it! however, the "chrome" lining around the windows and grill, etc.. i think its plastic, but it has sun spots on it and i want it to be shinny and like new, i tried waxing it and it worked very slightly, so i was recommended getting it covered with black vinyl i believe or just replacing it all (i prefer to have the chrome look). any suggestions??

Old 06-13-2011, 02:17 AM
1st Gear

nvm i found the thread to this problem, didnt realize how popular of a problem it has been for everyone, just bought the quixx scratch remover which i read and worked.. ill keep you all posted...

Old 07-07-2011, 09:32 AM
1st Gear
Default My A4 2007 Has Plastic Coated Aluminum Window Trim...

Apparently the chrome window trim on the 2007 A4 is plastic coated brushed aluminum.

I used Plastx from Mequiars to remove the white marks in this trim. It looks beautiful now.

1. get a strip of cloth twist it until it forms like a rope, then tie it in a knot. This will help you in putting pressure on the trim while using the plastic polish. Plastic polish requires you to rub hard on the surface until the polish is used up.

2. Get some paper towels, soft, to wipe off the excess plastic polish.

3. Put the plastic polish on the knotted cloth and then work a 6 to 12 inch section of trim at a time.

4. Wipe with paper towel. Then apply more polish and repeat till shiny.

Enjoy!