Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

Staynu by Autoxcel - Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 07:09 PM
1st Gear
Default Staynu by Autoxcel - Worth it?

Hi all!

Just bought a 2007 A6 CPO from a dealer and couldn't be happier. The "business guy" at the dealership offered a package called "StayNu by AutoXcel Auto Appearance Program." For $795, supposedly all:
  • clearcoat scratches
  • touch-up
  • paint chips
  • flat black trim
  • cigarette burns
  • most stains
  • screw holdes/dash cracks
  • windshield star cracks
  • headling reconditioning
  • minor interior damage
  • paintless dent removal
  • environmental/acid rain
  • alloy wheels

for 5 years for as many times as needed.

So basically sounds pretty fishy to me, but if it's through a reputable Audi dealer I am thinking I have some backup?

Has anyone heard of this program/service?

TIA

Old 11-26-2010, 11:55 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

never heard of it. I know there are different kinds of these services/products available that seem to have limited amounts of success.

my suggestion is to send a PM to ps3king here on the forums. he is a professional detailer and is very generous with his knowledge and opinions. he will probably be able to give you an informed opinion.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:02 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 02A6Beau
never heard of it. I know there are different kinds of these services/products available that seem to have limited amounts of success.

my suggestion is to send a PM to ps3king here on the forums. he is a professional detailer and is very generous with his knowledge and opinions. he will probably be able to give you an informed opinion.
Thanks much. Will do!

Old 11-27-2010, 11:49 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jcnassoc
Hi all!

Just bought a 2007 A6 CPO from a dealer and couldn't be happier. The "business guy" at the dealership offered a package called "StayNu by AutoXcel Auto Appearance Program." For $795, supposedly all:
  • clearcoat scratches
  • touch-up
  • paint chips
  • flat black trim
  • cigarette burns
  • most stains
  • screw holdes/dash cracks
  • windshield star cracks
  • headling reconditioning
  • minor interior damage
  • paintless dent removal
  • environmental/acid rain
  • alloy wheels

for 5 years for as many times as needed.

So basically sounds pretty fishy to me, but if it's through a reputable Audi dealer I am thinking I have some backup?

Has anyone heard of this program/service?

TIA

Many Delearships offer these types of package with slight variation. These could be a good deal or can be a complete waste of money as well depending on the person who is driving/maintaining the vehicle. If you are the type of person who takes great pride in his/her car and takes the necessary precautions to maintain it (proper washes without inducing scratches, waxing it occasionally, maintains interior etc...) then you do not get this package. There are also a couple fishy things about this that I think you should clarify with your dealership such as:

1. any limits on the # of visits in the 5yr period?
Note: some might say we only polish the car once in the 5 yr period...
2. Includes thorough cleaning as well of interior twice per year if you choose?
3. Polishing the WHOLE car twice per year to remove ALL scratches?
4. PDR (paintless dent repair) of as many dents during the 5 yr period?
5. What exactly is most stains?

Ultimately you must weigh those answers to the price of $795 to justify the purchase.

Where this package can really help you out is in the PDR and also Polishing the whole car as many times for the next 5 years. That's where you will really get your money's worth. PDR can cost $300 for a minor dent so if you do the math after a couple dings you've made your $$ back. Polishing the WHOLE car can cost around $350-$450 (once) depending on the shape and scratches. So if you get to bring it in as many times as you want for them to go at it with a buffer to remove those scratches then I'd say that's a pretty good deal....ofcourse assuming that their detailer knows what he's doing.

Now the $350-$450 is what I charge if the car is in really bad shape.

All the interior and carpet stains and stuff is minor stuff they add to make the deal look sweeter but really any enzyme and oil-based cleaners will remove majority of interior stains including red wine, blood, and even vomit

If you live in an area where it snows then salt removal can also be talked about in this package cuz that can be a headache as well. Tell them that that counts as a stain as well and work it into the package.

Let us know what you decide and I hope this helps.

Waseem

Old 07-03-2012, 10:41 AM
1st Gear
Smile So Far, Staynu is great

Bought an '07 S5 with the staynu package the dealer sold me.

It is supposed to cover all sorts of appearance issues with your car.

After a few months i got a minor chip in my windshield and i called them to get it fixed. They set up an appointment with a windshield repairman and i brought my car back to the dealership to have him do the repair. It only took about an hour and a half and looks like new.

I have a few paint chips now too that i am going to have them repair so hopefully that will go just as smoothly as the windshield appointment.

So far it is paying off.

hope this helps!