Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

Swirl marks on my black s4

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Default Swirl marks on my black s4

Hello all, new audi owner here. Just purchased a 2004 black s4. Looks very sharp, however upon closer inspection it looks like someone possibly tried to "polish" the paint and left swirl marks on it. Do I just wax the heck out of it, or can an auto body shop fix it? Other question, there are a few chip marks, rough areas on the car (I live in MT) do you just use touch up, or once again could a auto body shop wetsand or something like that to fix it....or do I have to repaint the panel? Oh yeah, how the heck do you change the wiper blades? Thanks!

Old 11-26-2008, 01:57 PM
1st Gear

Hey hows it goin, i have a black TT and i had the same problem with the paint as you did. It looked as though it was been buffed, waxed, and washed all the wrong way and that caused micro marring, swirl marks, and buffer trails.

If your willing to spend a lil money($270) i bought a Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher and Kit that came with Menzerna Super Intense Polish + Nano Polish. These polishes are made specially for cars with very hard Clear Coats(like Audi, Mercedes, and new corvettes) That combination did an amazing job and it does truley get rid of the swirl marks an minor scratches. Since our cars are black, we see every little mark and scratch which kills me lol. But with those products above, i was able to make the paint amazing again. I bought my products from (Autogeek.com). There you'll find tons of forums and how to's and tons of great stuff.

Ohh one more thing, if you do decide to buy one of these polishers dont worry about the idea of it messing up your paint. Since its a polisher and not a rotary buffer, you wont have to worry about burning your paint or any other negative drawbacks. Its one of the best investments ive made for my audi and i think youd be very happy with the results. If you need any more information, feel free to let me know.

Tyler

Old 08-12-2009, 10:02 PM
1st Gear

Use an extremely fine polish by hand or machine to remove these fine scratches in the paint surface.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:43 PM
3rd Gear

Claybar and then Meguiar's Scratch X2.0