Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

Turbo BRZ Engine vs Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 03:44 PM
Former Sponsor
Default Turbo BRZ Engine vs Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant

Did you ever notice how Modern cars have a lot of plastic parts and covers in the engine bay? Fortunately for me I am a car guy I starting modifications to my car and it eliminated most of those pieces but still have some left over. Over time if you do not protect those pieces they will dull out and turn gray. Since I am really particular about my car and will kill me to have faded pieces in my engine bay I figured I would share how I Clean and Protect my plastic pieces to keep them looking new.

Surprisingly My Subaru BRZ engine Bay does not get as dirty as my previous car probably due to the under tray so I just quickly wipe it down with a microfiber towel. If the car you are working on happens to have more than light dust clean than I would recommend the DP Cleanse- All Exterior cleaner with an All Purpose Microfiber Towel. After Giving the plastic pieces a quick wipe down I had a couple spots that were harder to reach so Nick offered to help came out with the Metropolitan Sidekick Professional Series to blow light dust and dirt out of the harder to reach area’s.

After the parts and covers were clean I used the Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant on those pieces I like this product for a couple of reason the product itself does to attract dust. I find it adds a minimal gloss to the surface. When applying the Wolfgang Exterior Trim sealant you do not have to worry about it streaking either it goes nice and evenly plus a little goes a long way. With the Wolfgang Exterior Trim sealant I usually can expect it to last 4- 6 months before reapplying and cleaning the surfaces. I usually use a Microfiber applicator when applying the trim sealant I find it ensure the products gets into the pores of the trim ensuring full coverage.

All clean and protected!

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant