Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

What is Best Wax for Red A4

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Thumbs down What is Best Wax for Red A4

I have a 2007 Red A4 and I want to wax it. But, which is the best wax to use to protect the finish and to get the best appearance. This is my first red car, it still looks like new and I would like to keep it this way. I have had to recommendations: Jaxwax and Astro Shield. I would appreciate hearing of the experiences of others with these and other waxes in my quest for the best.

BigBear

Old 05-04-2009, 10:11 PM
1st Gear

Turtle Wax Ice has always been a good wax for mine but its a spray on so it doesnt do the job of real rub on wax but its a really good wax

Old 05-08-2009, 11:48 AM
1st Gear

a good cheaper wax is collinite 476, but Dodo juice wax's are good too

Old 05-11-2009, 09:45 PM

I use Mcguire's NXT syntech liquid wax. It comes in a purple box.I always find it in walmart, advance auto. I get a pack of microfiber cloths and rub it all over the place in a shade after a good wash. I put it on the black rubber, windows plastic and almost all exterior. I had a Laser red A4. This color looks beautiful with Mcguires. Be careful setting your beer or drink anywhere on car after .....it will slide off! I swear!. Stay away from Carnuba ingredients.Too much hard work and it's a dust magnet. Also Carnuba is old school wax. Today's synthetic waxes are way easier and produce way better results and superior protection. I wax my casablanca white A6 4.2L and that machine shines so bright white....I need sun glasses to wax on a sunny day...I swear!

Old 05-11-2009, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Site_Administrator
I use Mcguire's NXT syntech liquid wax. It comes in a purple box.I always find it in walmart, advance auto. I get a pack of microfiber cloths and rub it all over the place in a shade after a good wash. I put it on the black rubber, windows plastic and almost all exterior. I had a Laser red A4. This color looks beautiful with Mcguires. Be careful setting your beer or drink anywhere on car after .....it will slide off! I swear!. Stay away from Carnuba ingredients.Too much hard work and it's a dust magnet. Also Carnuba is old school wax. Today's synthetic waxes are way easier and produce way better results and superior protection. I wax my casablanca white A6 4.2L and that machine shines so bright white....I need sun glasses to wax on a sunny day...I swear!
nice, I used to use Mcguire's gold or something like that but today when i went to wallyworld to get more i saw this Mcguire's nxt syntech stuff. i didnt get the liquid one tho, i dont like that stuff; but anyways it is like 10 bucks more but i cant wait to use it... i have a casablanca as well!!

Old 05-12-2009, 06:19 PM

Oh my gosh...I live in Florida Tampa Bay area. If I get my hands on that casablanca car of yours, Your car would want to stay with me litterally. Machines love me. I bring out the best in them. I was spelling it wrong....It says Meguire's NXT. Cost's like $15 bucks around here. It is a synthetic polymer. The meguire's gold is the old school stuff. It has carnuba. The NXT purple stuff is the best liquid I have ever glided or buffed on a car. Really easy to use and makes that white car paint deep wet looking. Beads relentlessly. Just be sure to pass the clay bar all over your machine while you wash it. Get all those bumps and tar off. Once the paint is really clean like a virgin, you rub this heavenly cream and your paint just sucks it up and your car will start to look showroom shine door by door panel by panel. I use a little cheap Walmart buffer to buff it on (no need to press hard and make your arms sore. Just squirt the circle put it up againts the car and turn on the button and let the buffer glide on gently by it's self. Then I come back in 3 minutes with a nice clean microfiber clot, (no hard work rubbing it off), and the casablanca white will make you want to eat it. Paint looks like candy and beautiful. That is if you don't have dents and scrapes and bangs around. My car paint is flawless. Never been keyed dinged or dented. In shopping centers, I park my car far, all the way in the back all lonely. Then I walk towards Walmart. Somebody would have to walk all the way over there just to key my car in the open and risk being caught and killed vs. having it all close to the entrance and enticing the enemy to open the door and ding it. Some people are malicious, it is evil to damage someone's property because in my opinion mostly poor people have nice cars. I did the research and it's is true. Poor people by more expensive **** than rich people. So when I see a keyed luxury car, I feel bad for the poor guy who worked hard or went through hell to have his/her bling bling scratched.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:27 PM

man, I spelled it wrong again....It's meguiar's

Old 05-13-2009, 02:30 AM

yeah it sucks gettin ur car keyed!!
mine was keyed by my ex gf's bf! but i took care of that (lets just say he left the country) lol
anyways! Im gonna take some pics next time i detail my car!!
hope its nice out this weekend so i can do it cuz i really wanna try that meguir's stuff!

Old 05-25-2009, 08:25 PM
1st Gear

meguiar's detailing products are good to try. I think this will be nice for your car. Also if its more easy to apply.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:56 PM
2nd Gear

Meguires or Mothers. Only 2 I would use on anything I care about. Except for on the old lady.