Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 09:46 PM
1st Gear
Default What to do?

Okay ... so I own a 2004 A6 in Dolphin Gray Metallic. I have a ton of little stone chips on the nose and rearview mirrors. Is there anything I can use to help cover these up besides touch-up paint?

I know Turtle Wax makes a black wax with a color stick you can use to "color in" chips and scratches. Not sure it really works.

Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks for any help offered.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Senior Administrator

If they're small enough you might try stopping by your local hobby shop for a paint-pen (still amounts to touch-up paint, I know) in a matching color.

I used this, once, when some dik keyed a rental car I had, and I dint wanna pay the deductible. The better hobby shoppes have the paint pens with fine-tip points, perfect for auto touch-up. IF you can find your color, that is.

Not the best answer to your question, but, an option you might not have otherwise considered.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Default What to do

WHen both Kel and Silver were at the hospital I was like wheres Sammy. Also what about Dixon job. He was suppose to be working with Nat at the new Peach pit and we havent even seen the place since the beginning of last season. You can tell we got a new writer.