Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

What do you think ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 11:52 PM
Wink What do you think ?

Hey All,

I just wax my Audi TT roadster which is 10 year old ... the paint needed a cut and polish. I have not done a cut/polish for about 2 years and the paint work was bad, swirl marks you name this car had it on the paint work.

I used to do the cut by hand which took a long time. I invested in a orbital random action sander with variable speed. –keywords are random and variable speed.

Wash the car.
1.Clay bar the car – this step is very important and easy.
2.You really do not need to wash the car again, just a quick wipe or skip the wash car stage at the start and add it in here.
3.Polish and Cut the car, on parts which tend to attract more wear and tear cut the paint work again until it smooth. (don’t go overboard and polish off the paint work !)
4.Clean the car with a good cleaning prep lotion to apply the wax
5.Use a good wax. This really adds to the shine.
Use Micro-fibre cloth to wipe off the polish and wax at each stage(don’t be cheap and get crap cloth)

Paint chips tip – ok use a syringe with a needle and just fill the chips with the correct colour code paint.(the brush leaves a blob and marks from the brush. U can blend the paint into the paint with during the polish and cut part. (This can take time depending on how many chips you have).

All up 3 hours with a couple of breaks between.

I wish I took a before picture .... but it was about 3/10(before) if you give this result a 9/10(after)

This is the first time I have used a machine, I would say I am beginner at this and got most of my tips from U-tube and other users here, try this on your car and do some research and if you have enough paint on your car, 99% sure your car can look the same.

I am happy to list the products I used if you think it useful.

cheers

Attached Thumbnails What do you think ?-picture-048.jpg   What do you think ?-picture-049.jpg   What do you think ?-picture-055.jpg   What do you think ?-picture-064.jpg   What do you think ?-picture-069.jpg  

Old 04-28-2010, 10:10 AM
2nd Gear

turned out great. Nothing better than a really clean black car.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:27 PM
1st Gear

Gorgeous. Hard work on a black car really does pay off. Good job

Old 04-30-2010, 10:49 AM

The TT looks great ! Nice Work