Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

2000 A6 2.7t Window and Alarm issues Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Default 2000 A6 2.7t Window and Alarm issues Please Help!

Hello all,

New to the forum, would appreciate any and all help. In August I purchased a 2000 A6 2.7t with 125k miles. For the last six months everything has been great, could not be happier with my purchase, however I currently have two issues that started about a week ago.

The alarm (flashing lights and wimpy horn) started going off for no reason. This would occur, and then I would use the unlock button on my fob to stop it and it would simply go off again 3-10 minutes later. I had to disconnect the battery at night in order to stop it from going off. After doing a little research online, I found that it could either be a voltage issue or that I had a faulty interior sensor. As I knew the battery was weak, I spent $160 on a new OEM fit battery. This seemed to fix the problem outright.

Two nights ago it started doing it again. The alarm will just go off and not stop until I hit the unlock button, even if the car was unlocked to begin with. Leaving the car unlocked with a window cracked seems to prevent the alarm from going off, however as you can guess, this is not an optimal way to leave the car. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? And if it is a faulty sensor, where is the sensor located? Anyone know its Audi part code?

Next, last night when I pulled in my driveway I rolled down the drivers window to speak with a neighbor. When I went to roll it up, nothing happened. It has never done this before. It simply does nothing when I press the window button up or down, no noise, no partial movement. It also does not react to me putting in the key on the outside lock and turning it left or right.

I am a grad student and in an unfortunate situation financially. I really can not afford to take my car to the dealers right now. Could any please help me with some advise on the window? I can deal with the alarm, but I need to be able to close this window. I have a brother in law who is very handy with cars, but a BMW guy and not familiar with Audi's, is it possible to take the door apart and replace the window motor or regulator? Please help.

Thank you.