Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

2015 Audi A3 Remote Wire for amp?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 01:06 PM
1st Gear
Default 2015 Audi A3 Remote Wire for amp?

I'm going to install a sub and amp in my new Audi. I've always wanted to try this out myself and I've got a lot of free time this weekend, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I have everything pretty much figured out except the remote wire. I've read a lot of people suggesting to just find a fuse in the fuse box that goes to a component that turns off when the vehicle turns off, but I've also read that this is a bad idea and can blow your fuse continuously.

I have the stock system. Not the B&0 or Bose or anything special. I don't really see an amp any place specific, but it does have a stock subwoofer (which really provides no additional low end tone)

Has anyone here run a remote wire to the new Audi's that can give me some advice on how I should do it?

Anyone that can help, I'll owe you a virtual beer!

Old 05-29-2014, 01:50 AM
1st Gear

While blowing a fuse can happen, it wont hurt to up the fuse for one maybe 5 amps bigger. I did car audio for 12 years and have done it a million times. There are things called fuse taps made specifically for it.

Old 09-13-2014, 05:09 PM
1st Gear
Default Im attempting this too.......

....although my unit uses Hi Level inputs to act as a "remote" wire.
out of curiosity where are you tapping into a subwoofer out low level RCA connection? are you tapping into rear speaker wire in a hi level configuration? If so, they will be your "remote" if i remember my days from the Roadshop well enough
W.hat direction are you taking your power wire? Have you pulled any panels yet?
I am going to be installing my Infinity Basslink sub attached to the underside of the rear shelf and I am looking for any assistance in removing/loosening trim panels
Not trying to hijack your thread but you and I may end up with a lot of the same questions.

Also I have the upgraded MMI Navigation Plus and I don't have the sub in my spare tire well. is there another Subwoofer? My rear deck has a single speaker on the drivers side but if thats what the Germans call a sub, they have a lot of learning to do! :-)

Also, TAKE PICTURES :-)