Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Another Audi Oil Temp Issue Issue..

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 12:00 PM
1st Gear
Default Another Audi Oil Temp Issue Issue..

Hello!

I have an Audi A6 1,9 TDI 2000 model, with a Oil Temp Indicator snag/problem.

For the a couple of years i have had a yellow Oil Level warning in my display, and a oil temp gauge on the instrument panel that always stays on bottom(60 degrees).

Finally i decided to get my *** up from the sofa and fix the problem.

After much researching on internet and studying the wiring diagram, i decided to replace the sensor in the bottom of the oil sump, since this is supposed to give both oil level- and temperature signal, as far as i concern.

Today i replaced it, and the display showed "OK" for the first time since 2013 i think But, there was one problem..

So, the oil level warning had now dissapeared, and i decided to confirm that the oil temp gauge rised when engine running warm. I took the car for a long ride, and the watertemp rised to 90 degrees, but ehh, the oiltemp was still lying back at 60 degrees, and would not rise.

I turned the ignition on/off while driving, and THEN! suddenly the oil temp rised to 80 degrees, but when the "OK" light dissapeared, the oil tempe gauge sank down to bottom again.

So, it looks like the oil temp gauge only works when ignition is turned on and the self-test is running.

I hve tried several times now, and no difference.

Have anyone seen this before, is there a reset/calibration procedure that has to be done ?

Thanks

Last edited by tjodleiv; 02-29-2016 at 12:02 PM.