Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

any one with a blitz tt boost gauge or vent mount boost gauge

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 04:44 AM
1st Gear
Default any one with a blitz tt boost gauge or vent mount boost gauge

Okay I know what everyone is thinking this has been discussed already. But I have searched and didn’t find really any thread talking about the advantages disadvantages or if there are any to using a tt with a built in boost gauge over using just a regular boost gauge that everyone has in there vent. I am not asking anything about the tt more about its built in boost gauge are they accurate or not, good or bad. I am new to the world of turbocharged cars and was looking at getting a boost gauge for my 2002 s4 but for the ones that go in the vents you would spend a lot more then getting a tt with a built in boost gauge. Just seems logical to me to get the advantages of a tt and spend less on the boost gauge.

So if this has been disused before just link me to where I can reed up on it and I am sorry for bringing it up again.

If not I am looking for people that have the tt with boost gauge to tell me how they think they work, do u like them, don’t like them. How does the tt get the boost info, does it get hooked into vacuum lines or tied into some electrical wiring in the car.

If u did the install yourself how hard was it. Any tips and what tt do u have that has a boost gauge I know the blitz tt have them but do any other tt have them.

Well thanks for any info anyone can give me sorry for the long post.

Old 05-05-2005, 10:36 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: tt boost gauge or vent mount boost gauge

Bump there has to be some one out there that has an opinion on this one way or the other. Some on with a blitz tell us how they work

Old 05-06-2005, 10:57 PM
1st Gear

well i am going to bump this one more time because some one on here has to know somthing about what is better and y

Old 05-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Site Moderator

You don't reall yneed a turbo timer, man. Just drive calmly before you park the car.
Lots of people have boost gauges. I just recently put one in my vent.

Old 05-18-2005, 08:39 PM
1st Gear

yea i know i dont need the tt but some of them have a boost gauge in them and cost about the same as just buying a boost gauge so that is y i asked not about the tt but about how good the boost gauge in the tt worked. if they work good and i want a boost gauge just thought it might make sense to get a tt if it costs about the same. wasnt asking about the tt just the boost gauge in the tt [:-]