AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/electronics-30/)
-   -   Audi A4 Bluetooth microphone not working (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/electronics-30/audi-a4-bluetooth-microphone-not-working-228667/)

Wendy Oliver 08-07-2018 08:09 AM

Audi A4 Bluetooth microphone not working

Hi
I have an Audi A4 '62 plate
For the 1st couple of years my phone linked up no issues. Now I can sync, answer the phone and make calls no problem but no one can hear me. I can hear the caller but just cannot reply.
Is there a setting in the car I may have turned the Mic off accidentally ?
Where is the microphone - is it cost effective to fix it as I don't use it often its just annoying on the odd occasion I need it
My phone is a Sony E5823

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks

Marjorielou 11-24-2023 03:33 PM

Dealing with Bluetooth mic issues can be a real hassle. I also deal with the same issues.

Aenantar 11-24-2023 03:58 PM

It's possible that you accidentally turned off the microphone in your Audi A4's settings. Check your car's infotainment system to see if there's an option to enable the mic.As for the mic's location, it's often near the rearview mirror or on the dashboard. Look for a tiny grille or opening. If the issue persists, it might be a connection problem or a mic malfunction. Repairing it could vary in cost, so it depends on how often you use it. If you're into audio gadgets, you can explore microphones used for ASMR. They're known for their sound sensitivity and might pique your interest.

Jsalsa 12-10-2023 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Wendy Oliver (Post 1519924)
Hi
I have an Audi A4 '62 plate
For the 1st couple of years my phone linked up no issues. Now I can sync, answer the phone and make calls no problem but no one can hear me. I can hear the caller but just cannot reply.
Is there a setting in the car I may have turned the Mic off accidentally ?
Where is the microphone - is it cost effective to fix it as I don't use it often its just annoying on the odd occasion I need it
My phone is a Sony E5823

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks

I had the same problem which is how I found out the communication card or related component was out and had to be replaced. The SOS button shouldn’t work if it’s the communication part. Mine went out a few months after they replaced it. Also makes the app worthless as you can’t communicate with the car.
😞

davideidson 01-18-2024 09:31 AM

In your Audi A4 '62 plate, the microphone could be the issue. Check for any mute settings on your phone and car infotainment system. The car's microphone is typically near the interior lights or rearview mirror. Ensure it's not obstructed or damaged. If the problem persists, consult your car's manual for microphone-related settings. If it's a hardware issue, consider professional diagnostics. Cost-effectiveness depends on the problem's complexity. If rarely used, a workaround could be using a Bluetooth headset for calls. Alternatively, explore Audi forums for similar issues and solutions. Updating your car's software and checking phone compatibility might also help.