Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Audi/Bose Gamma CC Radio Power On Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Post Audi/Bose Gamma CC Radio Power On Problem

I've got a 1995 A6 with an Audi/Bose Gamma CC stock radio (without the CD changer). Some time ago, the radio would not switch on reliably. I would have to switch it on an off many times before anything would appear on the display. Now it won't turn on at all. Perhaps a switch problem? All fuses are good. I pulled the radio and checked the connector for 12V power and it was there. Went to a junk yard and found the same radio for the same year A6. Connected it to the wiring harness before I purchased it and still the same problem - nothing on the display after turning it on. Could it be that radio has the same problem as mine?

Did more checking yesterday. Checked the resistance from what appears to be a ground connection to the chassis of the radio to battery ground. Expected no resistance but found that is was 750K ohms. Close to an open circuit. I jumpered this connection to battery ground and still nothing works (nothing in the display when the radio is turned on).

Any ideas?

If there is no fix for this radio, is there an aftermarket radio that will fit in the same opening with a set of adaptor connectors that will connect the three Gamma CC wiring harness connectors to a new radio (I guess only two are needed because the third is for the non-existent CD player)? All I really would like to have is an FM radio and a connection to my IPOD.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:48 PM
2nd Gear

I had the same problem with mine. Started intermittently and progressivily got worse from there. Seemed to only happen when it got hot or the bass was turned up Here is a link to a thread from the other forum i use ..... you can also search HU problem and a TON of stuff comes up .....

http://forums.audiworld.com/a6100/msgs/91826.phtml

I think this is what thew problem was ..... got a new one for shipping form a cat on another forum and no problems thus far

http://www.erta.ru/review/chorus-problem_eng.shtml