Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Autotoys Harness Doesn't line up w/pins

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 01:37 AM
Default Autotoys Harness Doesn't line up w/pins

Hello All,

I have a 2003 A4 with the bose system. I have been reading the forums and found that I need Metra part number 70-1787, so I ordered it from Autotoys.com I understand that the blue remote wire needs to be connected to my deck. I have the RCA's hooked up as well. All I am trying to do it hook up, the ground, illumination, Red power and Yellow Acc. However, when I plug the harnesses in together I see that 2 of those pins are off and do not connect to the autotoys metra harness.

Has anyone ever had this problem from the harness not touching the right pins?

Old 05-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Default RE: Autotoys Harness Doesn't line up w/pins

on the factory harness i see a brown wire, that plugs into the ground on the metra.
I see a red/blue wire on the factory that plugs into the yellow on the metra and nothing else lines up.

The remaining factory harness wirecolors aregreen/blue, brown, brown/gray.

I did some research and saw the brown is ground, (there are two solid brown wires on the factory harness, a thin one and a thicker one) The red/blue is for the yellow on the metra, but I cannot find the remianing combinations for the red wire on the metra as I read it is black&blue, but I do not have a black/blue wire on my factory harness. Someone please help.Thank You.

I just bought my Audi a month ago, upgraded from a B5 passat.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:07 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Autotoys Harness Doesn't line up w/pins

Go to a car stereo shop and pay to get it connected right. A deck install should only cost you $65 if you dont need any other adapters. And if you ever want to listen to AM you need a special antenna adapter that injects power through the antenna cable to turn the antenna amplifier on.