Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Bluetooth for audio only, disable phone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 03:27 PM
1st Gear
Question Bluetooth for audio only, disable phone?

We have a 2014 Audi Allroad. My wife likes using the Bluetooth to stream audio, but hates it for phone. (The delay and accuracy when using voice-to-text over Bluetooth is terrible.) I can go into Bonded Bluetooth devices, find her iPhone and see that there are Handsfree and Audio Streaming profiles. If I disconnect the Handsfree portion, it works perfectly as she desires. But next time you start the car it reconnects both Handsfree and Audio Streaming. How can I permantly disable the Handsfree profile while still keeping the Audio Streaming?

It it makes a difference, it's a Premium Plus with MMI, Nav and Bang & Olufsen.

Thanks!

Old 06-26-2017, 09:50 AM
1st Gear

No help on this? If this is not possible, can I just stream audio through the cable connection in the glove compartment? Most of the cables I found say it will only charge, won't actually stream or interface with the iPhone.

Old 07-21-2017, 04:26 PM
1st Gear

you can try to look at Sound2Air.com I'm using 3G bluetooth adapter from them and at the same moment i can charge my phone and stream music via bluetooth adapter.