Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Bluetooth won't automatically turn off

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 05:15 AM
1st Gear
Default Bluetooth won't automatically turn off

Hi, having found these forums so helpful in the past as a 'lurker' I'm now posting for the first time...

SO I retrofitted RNS-E to my 2005 Audi A4 Avant (B7), with the double din conversion etc etc. Looks jolly good. However, the pre-installed 2005 bluetooth module doesn't have the full functionality with my 2007 RNS-E (dialling, phonebook etc) so I thought it would be simple to just upgrade to a 2007 bluetooth module. Apart from the utter faff of accessing the unit, it was relatively plug'n'play, and worked perfectly with the RNSE. I went in to code it, but it automatically was coded, which was good too. However...

When I shut down the car the bluetooth doesn't auto switch off as the old unit did. It remains powered up even when all the stuff that closes down a couple minutes after you've locked up (the CD changer and glovebox lights, for example), and you can reconnect to the bluetooth when the car is totally off. Apart from the drain on the battery, this might be okay, but then when I come back to the car the bluetooth is un-findable. The only way to get it back is to pull and reconnect the telephone fuse, whereupon it springs back into life and works fine until I shut down the car and repeat.

Any ideas why it might be doing this? I've not changed any wiring or made any changes other than swap the units. The RNS-E software version is 0650, the bluetooth module's part number ends in an H. No Bose. VCDS is throwing up no fault codes.