Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

A/C not working after WiFi hardwire install

Old 07-21-2018, 08:00 PM
1st Gear
Default A/C not working after WiFi hardwire install

Hi all,
new member here looking for some answers to recent issue. I took my 2013 Audi Q5 S line to Halfords (yeah, I know!) to install a BlackVue front/rear dash cam system. I had it hardwired with the Power Magic Pro box to monitor the battery voltage and cut cameras off when it goes to 12v. I was reluctant at first but the man doing the install assured me
he knew his stuff and all went well. I wanted the function of monitoring the cams while away from the car and the guy suggested getting an EE WiFi box and he could hardwire that in too so the car had a permanent WiFi hotspot to do so. A couple of days later, I went back to get this done but the guy I had confidence in was away so someone else did the install... someone who I didn’t quite have the same confidence in. He crammed the box away behind the fuse box (literally behind the lights panel) so it is tricky to access it if I’d want to turn off/reboot the WiFi.
Anyway, the install was done and I’d driven away but noticed that my A/C was on but not blowing cooled air. I went straight back and to cut a long story short, they say that their work on the fuse couldn’t affect the A/C as they didn’t touch that bank of fuses (cams were fused in the right bank, WiFi box fused in middle bank). They said that I should take it to my local Audi and if they confirm that the fault might lie in anything that they’d done, they would pay the bill. I’d only had the car since April as Audi approved and annoyed that already something is wrong. Does anyone know what he cause may be? Like maybe he fuse they’ve tapped into for the box is sending low current to whatever is attached to that fuse, and the ECU isn’t allowing the A/C to kick in? Was working perfectly till after that install. Desperate for an indication before it goes in on Monday. Thanks.