Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Tech > Electronics
can I connect starter motor live wire to battery >

can I connect starter motor live wire to battery

Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

can I connect starter motor live wire to battery

Old 10-02-2016, 03:45 PM
1st Gear
Default can I connect starter motor live wire to battery

Hi Guys.

I have had a senior moment and I have locked my self out of the car.

I was having a look at the central locking in the door and never put the door key part into the door lock as I am going to get a new part so cannot open the door with the key.

As the battery was turning over slowly I decided to charge the battery thinking I can open the passenger door with the central locking, well can't do that as the battery is in the garage.

Can I connect the live terminal of the battery to the live terminal of the starter motor so I can unlock the car with remote.

Cheers.
Ian.

Old 10-03-2016, 01:40 PM
1st Gear

Hi.

In case any one is in the same situation or the battery is flat you can connect the positive of the battery to the live terminal on the starter motor and connect the negative side of the battery to an earth on the engine.

It was a bit tricky getting a wire on to the starter motor but I managed to unlock the car with the remote.