Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

complete new system questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 06:08 PM
1st Gear
Default complete new system questions

Okay so I am tearing out my factory bose symphony system and rewiring everything and putting just a single din h/u in for now and one 10" sub with a 300 watt rms amp and a 4 channel 60 watts rms at 4 ohm per channel amp for the speakers. I am looking for some feedback on speakers from people here. The front doors are 3.5 in bottom and a tweeter in top. The grills in the door are small and the speakers are mounted to the panel. I could easily put a different 3.5 or a 4" in the door but would a 5.25 or 6.5 component set sound better? I would have to do lots of work to mount them to a solid surface and make the grill larger if necessary. The back deck I am thinking about putting a 6.5 inch component set cause they will fit right in. I want loud clear music, I listen mostly to rock type of music anywhere from the offspring to mudvayne to staind. I am thinking that the rear door speakers would be a waste to hook up. Let me know what you guys think about all this. I haven't ordered the 4 channel amp or the speakers yet. I am going to order all the wiring probably tomorrow.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Default RE: complete new system questions

For the front i would go with 6.5 3way speakers, you wont nedd to get component since you have the stock tweeter and also for rear i would get 3way. In my old car i had some alpine type r's. It was clear and loud, as for the sub I would get W7 jl audio 12", if u can get your hand on one. You will have a nice clean system. If you are going to hook up both amps make sure you get an extra battery or pretty big cap to handle all of that power. Let me know if have any questions.