Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

HID Installed - Bulb Out Display - FIXED

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 03:37 PM
1st Gear
Default HID Installed - Bulb Out Display - FIXED

Some or many of you had a problem after installing your HID Kit upgrade with a bulb out reading on the dash. Well I found out how to fix this with a simple resistor plug/connection.

I've attached a small write up diagram picture on how you can connect the Resistor.

Good Luck

Old 01-24-2007, 12:05 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: HID Installed - Bulb Out Display - FIXED

I installed HID Head Lights and HID fog lamps

The head lights don't report a problem but the fog lamps always popup as a problem, I tried the 2.2k Ohm trick you posted but nothing.

1/2watt 2.2k is what I used.

cheers.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:29 AM
5th Gear

nice write up man

Old 02-04-2007, 03:04 PM
1st Gear

I cant stop the damn things from flickering.... they're both like nightclub strobelights

Old 02-08-2007, 12:28 AM
1st Gear

i have the vision kit and it only pulgs into one connector. did you put the resistor in only the one it plugs into or both?

Old 02-08-2007, 12:31 AM
1st Gear

i got it one for each side sorry missed that part

Old 02-22-2007, 05:47 PM

How are the HID fogs? I have the regular beam HID's and was thinking about getting the fog lights. I also had that problem but it seems to have gone away by itself, though every now and then comes on and off.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:16 PM
1st Gear

will this same type of trick work with my LED tail lights that got a lower resistence than my data transfer bus. My mechanic said an inline resistor would work but... has anyone had this problem. My light out signal comes on every time my brakes are on.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:49 AM
1st Gear

Did you ever get this fixed? This is a common problem with certain HID kits especially on new cars - there are fixes available other than a resistor. How did you end up fixing this? Some cars respond differently to different fixes.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:39 AM

hey guys, you need to run what is known as a canceler box for your hid kits. some of the newer ballasts are "digital" and they have the parts built in. older and more generic kits {believe me its hard to tell} need this canceller or digital wiring harness as its sometimes known. they sell for about 40 bucks per pair. you can email me at xbunlocked@hotmail.com and if you are having trouble finding them. i just stumbled across this forum trying to fix an issue with a diesel truck that stalls everytime the hids are lit.

Quick Reply: HID Installed - Bulb Out Display - FIXED