Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

I need new sound system

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Sky
1st Gear
Default I need new sound system

Hello i have a 99 A6. Its a very nice car, but the sound system is not too good. I was goign to jsut get new Bose speakers and all but i really dont like bose taht much. So i need help determining what sound system i should get (speakers and subs) and i was also think about putting 2 or 3 subs in teh trunk. What is a good brand and how many speakers do i have in ym car. I checked the manual but it doesnt tell me anything. I really dont want to replace teh head unit, its the standard one ( Bose concert) but what i heard i think i might because nothing is compatible with Bose. Comments are welcome.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:35 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: I need new sound system

Look around this site, you should find somthing that would work for you

ww.crutchfield.com

Old 03-24-2006, 05:49 PM
1st Gear

you get what you pay for .... i can say that much ... and shop around alot ... you can save alot that way ... alpine , infinity . jl , jbl , eclipse , diamon, ...... all good brands ... stay away from sony and pioneer cheap stuff ...

Old 03-25-2006, 08:23 PM
6th Gear

Yeah I have always had really really good luck with Alpine equipment. Highly recommend it.

Old 03-25-2006, 08:25 PM
3rd Gear

Alpine makes a good product. JL is pretty damn good for the price. They make really good mids and highs as well.

Old 03-26-2006, 06:45 AM
5th Gear

Alipne is the **** thats all i use anymore

Old 04-12-2006, 06:18 PM
1st Gear

I have a 10" alpine type-X with a memphis audio 1000watt D amp. Let me tell you, that sucker hits like no other. I never would have thought a 10" sub could hit so hard, and i've never had it turned up to max, mostly because it was in my 94 prelude and the battery couldn't handle the power loss. Unfortionately I haven't been able to put it in my audi cause the audi symphony system won't let me. I was told i can get a high low controller to fix that but i haven't been able to check about it yet.

To sum things up, Alpine type-X is the **** and u only need 1. I also highly recommend Memphis Audio, they're really good too and so are they're subs. They're making the subs now so you can seperate the magnet from the cone incase ur sub blows. Then you can send the part that needs fixing back to memphis audio and they'll replace or fix it for you. However I've never heard of anyone having to actually do that.

Haha sorry it's such a long post...u can tell i love my car systems =)

Old 06-12-2006, 06:05 AM
1st Gear

dude if you are still looking i have the perfect system for you all audiobahn 2 15" 1505 cost about 550 each and 8000t amp also from audiobahn i am willing to sell for 650 shipped just let me know i have a second little baby on the way which means i now need even more room in that huge trunk

call me up or message me on here

724-787-9997 leave a message if i dont answer and i will clal back asap

Old 06-14-2006, 02:32 AM
1st Gear

I work at a stereo shop here in Idaho, and to tell you the truth, the best stereo i have ever heard had an Alpine head unit, and JL Audio components. This combination will give you the best sound quality and will be plenty loud. like say, two 12 inch JL W3s and a 500/1 JL Amp, a set of JL XR components off of a 300/2 JL Amp would do the trick, and you wouldnt be dissapointed at all. You wont find JL in crutchfield man, so take my word for it, there is nothing like it. you dont need your rear speakers if you have a setup like this one, they just interfere with the soundstage. so you can remove them letting more air pass form the trunk making it a little louder for ya. thats my suggestion, but what do i know im only a professional.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:58 PM
1st Gear

Once again i say a budget for these sorts of things is helpful because everything mentioned by the above poster mentioned is very expensive and not everyone can afford such things....much better sound can be had for much cheaper....so a budget is helpful

Quick Reply: I need new sound system