Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

OEM Audi iPod Integration

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 02:03 PM
1st Gear
Default OEM Audi iPod Integration

I was at my Audi dealer and I saw for $175 they have an "iPod Integration Kit". I was not sure what this thing really offered. I was wondering a few things and if anyone knows, please chime in here.

1. Who makes it?
2. Does it offer control of the iPod similar to that IceLink (I think its called) and the MP3YourCar.com setup (Neo)?
3. Will the name of the track appear on the display (on any year/model, if so, which ones?)
4. Hows the installation ease?

I have the MP3YourCar setup and it is okay, but I just got it and can return it if need be.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:56 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: OEM Audi iPod Integration

Here's my stab at some answers for you...

1) I think it's made by Denison -- not sure on that
2) Yes, it does offer iPod control through the head unit & steering wheel contols like the IceLink & others
3) No, the name will not appear on the track -- this is a limitation of the radio. May be a different answer on later model Audis
4) Installation is on a par (pretty much exactly) with the IceLink -- check the link in my signature for a comprehensive writeup on installing an IceLink.

I'd have to guess it's not going to be radically different from your MP3YourCar setup. Unless you have a later head unit that can display song tags. What type of head unit do you have?

Old 06-13-2006, 04:59 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: OEM Audi iPod Integration

Ye aI finally got ahold of an audi dealer who could tell me.
It sounds just like my MP3YourCar setup.
I have the uhhm... Conert-II or something? I forget... single DIN, sounds great.

I have full control of my ipod, the ipod display still works too, but i see "TRACK 01" to "TRACK 99" and have to switch playlists on the ipod.
OH well, its installed and works, might as well keep it.

Maybe if in the future a new audi headunit goes on eBay that the titles will transfer to it, i'll get that.

ORIGINAL: SouthboroAudiGuy

Here's my stab at some answers for you...

1) I think it's made by Denison -- not sure on that
2) Yes, it does offer iPod control through the head unit & steering wheel contols like the IceLink & others
3) No, the name will not appear on the track -- this is a limitation of the radio. May be a different answer on later model Audis
4) Installation is on a par (pretty much exactly) with the IceLink -- check the link in my signature for a comprehensive writeup on installing an IceLink.

I'd have to guess it's not going to be radically different from your MP3YourCar setup. Unless you have a later head unit that can display song tags. What type of head unit do you have?