Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Opinion / Does anyone have one of these aftermarket NAV head units?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:12 PM
1st Gear
Default Opinion / Does anyone have one of these aftermarket NAV head units?

Hello all,
I have a 2003 A6 Quattro and am looking to replace the head unit with a new one similar to one in the link below. I have searched around on the intrawebs and found quite a few of these types of direct replacement NAV units available usually priced between $400 and $600 US. They all seem to have every feature I have been looking for including playing mp3s from an SD card, built-in navigation, DVD player, and rear camera view.

Kinda seems like a no-brainer if the quality is there. My question is if anyone has installed one in their Audi or have any experience using one? Was it simply plug and play like they say on the webpage and what your experience has been for looks, quality of the GPS, DVD player, mp3, etc.

Audi Navigation - Audi Navigation DVD - Aftermarket Audi Navigation - Car DVD GPS Navigation

Thanks in advance for info anyone can provide on these!

Old 02-16-2013, 01:48 AM
1st Gear

I have not installed that model in particular but have installed other Nav units specifically designed for VW or Audis. I like them and they retain the factory look better than all other aftermarket radios; in most cases the fit is seamless and 100% factory look. As a professional installer the price you pay for one of these units is a bargain to what you would pay for a comparable unit from a major brand such as Pioneer, Alpine, or Kenwood, which run around $800-$1000, plus parts. The quality is there if there is sufficient weight with the product. I like installing them. the latest unit was specifically designed for and used the Android platform and worked just like the android phones. i would get one if they designed one for an A8.