Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Radio cuts out...PLEASE RESPOND TO ME!! (or i will be forced to repost!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 05:59 PM
1st Gear
Default Radio cuts out...PLEASE RESPOND TO ME!! (or i will be forced to repost!)

OK, I have a 97 A4 stock stereo, delta I think, but I do have a 12 -disc cd changer. I bought the car with this installed already, so now to the problem:

I think I have a loose wire behind the unit b/c sometimes when I hit a bump or turn sharp my radio will cut out and then you can faintly hear it. When I say faintly, I mean **** turned all the way up, but barely hearing any noise. This will last for months or days, or until I start my car again. If I hit a bump, turn too hard, or start my car, the radio may or may not work.....

What can I do? I'm guessing loose wire from head, but the audio shop wants to charge $60 just to look and see then determine what they may have to do. They say it takes a "special key" to pull the radio out, which I understand I've installed a couple of radios in my truck. Does anyone have any suggestions?