Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

iPod + Blackberry + Audi Symphony?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 10:07 PM
1st Gear
Default iPod + Blackberry + Audi Symphony?

I have a 2002 A4 3.0 with the Symphony stereo. I have been pleased with it for my needs. Lately, I have been doing some extended driving, including in areas with no radio coverage (or none worth listening to...;-]) I would like to set up the following:

- BB8830 being charged, Bluetooth HS connected with the stereo (with extra mic?) I have been looking at the Denison Ice Link Gateway 300, http://www.dension.com/icelinkgateway300.php, with the BT adaptor, plus the THB Comfort Cradle Car Kit for 8830, http://store.crackberry.com/productA...s.asp?id=12129.

- iPod being charged, and hardwired into the stereo via the Denison Ice Link Gateway 300 and an Active Cradle.

- Garmin StreetPilot c330 hardwired into power, possibly via the USB port on the Denison Ice Link Gateway??

The BB8830 could replace the Garmin unit, if I replaced the Symphony with something that had a reasonable screen on it and could get the output from the BB. The BB GPS/Nav is dynmaic, also, so it would actually be better than the Garmin. However, I do like the touch screen features of the Garmin.

I'm not adverse to replacing the stereo, if a better integrated solution could be found that allows all of the above. I'm open to alternatives too, like using the BB instead of the Garmin. I don't need the iPod, for example, as my music comes from CDs so could just as easily be played from a USB Thumb drive or even via the microSD chip in the BB.

The goal is to use voice commands to control everything (or as much as possible), have everything mute when the phone is answered, be hands-free, and charge everything in use constantly.

Suggestions?

Cheers,
Russ