Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

tap into power

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Default tap into power

Hi I posted this in the A4 forum, but maybe its better being here, as people with the knowledge im looking for probably visit this section:

I have a 2004 Audi A4 (1.8T 6 speed if it matters)

I have a valentine one radar detector along with the hard wire kit for it so I don't need to use the power outlet plug.

I used to have this hooked up in my celica and it was really easy to implement because that car came apart a little easier than the audi. I was able to tap into the stereo power for it.

Does anyone know a good spot to tap into 12v power and also a good ground spot near by that? I can go to the fuse box if I need to, but fuse taps are ugly and messy and if possible I would like to tap directly into a wire.

Thanks

Also I am looking for something to hook up my ipod to the stock stereo (the 6 cd in dash one) if anyone has used anything good. I did have a pioneer headunit in my celica with the ipod interface, but I dont plan on putting that in the audi, as the only aftermarket headunit i would even consider putting in would be a fold out screen... (but until then... I need something for the stock stereo)

Old 11-09-2005, 07:26 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: tap into power

The only thing I can think of is the fuse box. That's where I always hook up my radar detectors.

Old 11-12-2005, 11:28 PM
5th Gear

remove the knee bolster (four 8mm bolts, three on the front, one on the side at the bottom of the fuse panel), you'll see a few power posts there. you'll want to use the yellow post (switched power). the best thing to use would be a 12awg round end connector

Old 12-17-2007, 09:18 AM

hi, i am completely in the dark when it comes to electrics and wireing..... But i want to wire my sat radio into the cars switched power supply. Does anyone have any step by step basic instructions for me?? i am mounting the raid just above the fuse box in my wifes '03 A4.

Thanks!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:33 AM
1st Gear

If you have a sunroof you can har wire it to your sunroof contollers. Here the DIY
https://www.audiforums.com/m_279694/tm.htm

Old 12-21-2007, 02:36 PM
1st Gear

Basement, search for hard wire in this forum or audiworld...there has to be someone that has done that before into the fuse box.